For this post, I have put together a collection of the best cordless drills currently available.
Whether you are are doing tasks around the house or on the construction site, these tools offer the power and flexibility to get the job done.
The following cordless drills use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Cordless Drills.
1. DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Cordless Drill
DEWALT’s DC970K-2 18-volt drill-driver kit packs a big punch in a small package, with a powerful high-performance motor tucked away inside a compact design that improves user comfort, especially when working in tight spaces over long run times.
Ideal for drilling and fastening with a variety of materials such as wood, metal, and plastic for applications like framing, cabinet installation, and HVAC work, the DC970K-2 kit is a great foundation for any professional contractor or DIYer’s power-tool collection.
- Maximizes performance while minimizing user fatigue. Its high-output motor (380 unit watts out).
- Dual-speed capability (0-450/0-1,500 RPM) maximizes efficiency for drilling and fastening applications.
- 9-inch length and 5.2-pound weight make it ideal for working in tight spaces and at awkward angles.
- 1/2-inch single-sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck provides a tighter bit grip for better bit retention and increased precision and accuracy.
- Two 18-volt NiCAD batteries are included with the kit, as well as a one-hour charger and a contractor bag for easy transport.
2 .BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Cordless Drill
Durable and powerful, this 20V MAX* cordless drill features an 11-position clutch to help prevent stripped screws. A compact, lightweight design enables you to work in tight spaces with ease, and an LED light illuminates work surfaces.
- Lithium ion battery - always ready, holds a charge up to 18 months.
- By providing extra level of control, the 11 position clutch prevents stripping + overdriving screws.
- LED work light illuminates the surface for easier drilling in dark places.
- Compact + lightweight design allows users to carry out drilling tasks in confined spaces + with ease.
- Part of the 20V MAX System.
3. Milwaukee 2407-20 M12 12-Volt Cordless Drill
Drill and fasten up to 35% faster with the only tool in its class that has an all-metal locking chuck. The powerful M12™ Cordless Lithium-Ion 3/8” Drill/Driver delivers 275 in-lbs of torque.
- All-metal single-sleeve ratcheting chuck offers superior bit grip, so you won’t have to stop for bit retightening or lost bits.
- Onboard LED light and fuel gauge help you increase productivity and avoid interruptions.
- The REDLITHIUM™ Battery Pack (sold separately).
- On-board battery fuel gauge displays remaining run time,
- New ergonomic handle design for increased comfort.
- Metal Ratcheting Chuck for maximum durability.
- 0-400/0-1,500 RPM.
- Compact, lightweight and durable design means greater comfort and efficiency on the jobsite.
Driving set to deal with any fasteners.
4. Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt Cordless Drill
The Bosch PS31 12-Volt MAX 3/8 in. Cordless Drill/Driver Kit has professional-grade power for 90% of tasks, but only weighs just over 2 lbs.
- Ideal tool to carry to any work site, this tool, with its 2 speeds and 20+1 torque settings.
- Carry-along solution for applications such as installing and electrical work that requires a great deal of overhead drilling and driving.
- It features a 3/8 In. single-sleeve 3-jaw chuck that securely holds bits.
- It has an integrated LED light, an integrated fuel gauge.
- Bosch's lightweight 12-volt MAX power system that delivers longer runtime with no increase in weight.
5. DEWALT DCD771C2 20-Volt Cordless Drill
The DEWALT DCD771C2 20-Volt Max Lithium Ion compact drill driver has a lightweight design with a high performance motor that delivers 300 unit watts of power.
- High speed transmission delivers 2 speeds 0-450 RPM and 0-1500 RPMs.
- Ergonomic handle allows comfort and control.
- contains two 20-volt Max compact Lithium ion battery packs.
- Includes compact charger and durable contractor bag.
- Weighs 3.6 pounds.
6. Hitachi DS18DGL 18-Volt Cordless Drill
The Hitachi DS18DGL is powered by a compact, yet efficient 1.3 Ah battery.
- Powered by lithium ion battery technology for less weight and fade-free power.
- Powerful 400 In./lbs of torque to handle tough jobs in tight spaces.
- Two-speed gear setting to match the appropriate speed to the application.
- 22+1 stage clutch delivers 22 torque settings and a drill mode for ultimate precision and control.
- Convenient LED light effectively illuminates dark work spaces.
- 1/2 In. keyless chuck for quick and simple bit replacements.
- Responsive variable speed trigger provides complete control during operation.
7. Ryobi P208 One+ 18-Volt Cordless Drill
Ryobi’s P208 is specialized for the hardworking homeowner, that really packs a punch for its price point.
- Make easy bit changes with the keyless chuck system.
- Variable speed gearbox (offering 2 speeds) and 24 position clutch.
- Magnetic fastener or bit holder attached to the base of the tool.
- Compatible with Ryobi 18V Lithium Ion or NiCad battery.
8. Makita XPH12Z 18-Volt LXT Cordless Drill
The Makita 18V LXT Brushless Hammer Driver-Drill combines power and run-time for more drilling, driving and fastening tasks in wood, metal, and masonry.
- Efficient Makita BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled and engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
- Variable 2-speed brushless motor delivers up to 2,000 RPM and 530 in.lbs. of max torque for efficient fastening.
Compact and ergonomic design.
Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions.
Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job.
Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area.
Weighs only 4.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue.
9. Tacklife PCD01B 12-Volt Cordless Drill
Tacklife Drill / Driver kit is great for a variety of home projects, with its Lithium-Ion battery pack and powerful high-performance motor.
- Compact lightweight design that improves user comfort, especially when working in tight spaces over long run times.
- 2 Speed Transmission for Screw Driving and Drilling:
- High speed(0-1300 RPM) for great torque, for a wide range of drilling, driving applications.
- Low speed( 0-350 RPM) for small torque, appropriate for fast screwing.
- 19 position clutch provides precise control for drilling into wood, metal, plastic, and all screwdriving tasks.
- Equipped with integrated LED lights to provide optimal lighting for dark working areas.
- Indicator light shows the real-time power of the battery.
- Battery is fully charged in one hour.
10. BLACK+DECKER LD120VA 20-Volt Cordless Drill
The Black and Decker LD120-VoltA 20-Volt Max Lithium Drill/Driver with 30 Accessories.
- Provides an extra level of control with a 24 position clutch that helps to prevent stripping and overdriving screws.
- Soft grip handle that provides added comfort during use and a light weight to prevent user fatigue..
- Batteries are always ready, holding a charge up to 18 months.
I hope this list of the best cordless drills was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C