For this post, I have put together a collection of the best electric can openers currently available.
The are two typical types of electric openers, the standard counter top version and the smaller hand held version. The benefit of the hand held type is that you are not limited by the height of the can as with the countertop style (although you can hang the can off of the edge of the counter).
However, the hand cutter does require batteries so that can be more of a hassle than just simply plugging in the larger opener.
The following electric can openers use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and save your hands from the traditional openers.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Electric Can Openers.
1. Hamilton Beach 76607ZA Electric Can Opener
The Hamilton Beach 76607ZA Electric Can Opener Opens cans smoothly and easily. An easy push down lever makes quick work of removing both pop-top and regular cans.
- Designed so the blade cuts along the side and not into the top of the can.
- Mess-free, smooth cut that allows you to remove the top without worrying about sharp edges along the lid.
- Minimizes the blade contact with food and prevents splashing or seeping out from the top since the can remains closed until you lift the lid.
- Large ergonomic lever is easy for anyone to use.
- Operation requires very little grip strength, just hold lever down until the blade has made a full rotation around the can.
2. Hamilton Beach 76380Z Electric Can Opener
The Hamilton Beach 76380Z Electric Can Opener is great for opening family-size cans of juice, veggies, broth and more.
- Easy to clean, simply remove the chrome cutting unit and place it in the dishwasher.
- Slim design makes it a less obtrusive on your countertop.
- Features an added knife sharpener.
- Cord stores out of sight when not in use.
- Features auto shut-off.
3. Advanced Mixology One Touch Electric Can Opener
The Advanced Mixology One Touch Electric Can Opener is a durable, high quality opener perfect for use at home or on the go.
- Automatically opens cans in seconds.
- Stainless steel cutting mechanism cuts around the side creating an easily re-sealable lid with a safe smooth edge.
- Will not open rimless cans or cans with odd corners.
- Powered by four AA batteries (not included).
- To operate:
- Lay the can opener flat on the can but only be sure the cutter and gear are lined up with the edge of the can between them.
- Then press the button and let go, no need to keep your hand on it.
- Let it whir around until it stops.
4. Proctor Silex Plus 76370P Electric Can Opener
The Proctor Silex Plus 76370P Electric Can Opener lets you make quick and quiet work out of this frequent step in meal preparation. The magnetic lid holder and strong blade holds the can tightly in place, so it will open in one, smooth rotation.
- Lid stays out of the can and onto the magnetic holder.
- Includes a built-in knife sharpener.
- Cutting lever detaches for easy cleaning.
5. Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
The Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener offers style, convenience, and power.
- Easy single-touch operation effortlessly opens any standard size can.
- Precision power cut blade and strong magnetic lid holder are attached to the removable lever, which can be easily detached for quick cleanups.
- Stable design with a wide base for extra sturdiness and solid construction.
- Simply place the can under the guideposts and press the lever for effortless opening.
6. instecho Electric Can Opener
The instecho Electric Can Opener is perfect for individuals with arthritis or hand pain, as it requires no manual labor.
- Effortlessly opens cans of any size at the push of a button.
- Self adheres to any can and automatically opens it in seconds.
- Cuts around the side of the can to eliminate sharp and dangerous edges.
- Creates an easily resealable lid with a smooth edge.
- Powered by two AA batteries (not included).
7. BLACK+DECKER Spacemaker Electric Can Opener
The BLACK+DECKER Spacemaker Electric Can Opener saves time and space in the kitchen. The unit mounts securely under cabinets for easy access and reliable performance, freeing up valuable counter space.
- Power pierce cutter easily removes can lids with hands-free operation.
- Power cord stores conveniently in the back of the unit.
- Easy-open door conceals the tools when not in use.
- Recommended for installation only on flat bottom cabinets.
8. instecho Soft Edge Electric Can Opener
The instecho Soft Edge Electric Can Opener automatically opens cans of any height in seconds.
- Easily lift the cut soft edge lid and can opener from the can when ready to use.
- Powered by two AA batteries (not included).
- To Operate:
- Place the opener on top of the can with its rim positioned in the groove between the cutter and the drive wheel .
- With the can on a flat surface, press the button for about one second and release.
- When the cutting has completed, press the button immediately to reverse the cutter.
- Make sure that the cutter resets to the start position and the motor stops. Then, lift the can opener off the can
9. Cuisinart CCO-50N Electric Can Opener
The Cuisinart CCO-50N Electric Can Opener offers an easy single-touch operation effortlessly opens any standard size can.
- Power Cut blade and strong magnetic lid holder are attached to the removable lever.
- Easily detach blade for quick cleanup.
- Stable design with a wide base for extra sturdiness.
- Solid construction so it won't tip or slide on the counter.
10. Hamilton Beach 76388R Electric Can Opener
The Hamilton Beach 76388R Electric Can Opener is finished in red and brushed stainless for a modern look.
- SureCut™ patented technology opens cans the first time, every time.
- Features die-cast metal cutter assembly that is removable and dishwasher safe.
- Automatic shutoff.
- Heavyweight, extra-tall design.
- Includes built-in knife sharpener and cord storage.
- Fits tall and standard size cans.
I hope this list of the best electric can openers was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C