The 10 Best Graphing Calculators
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best graphing calculator currently available.
Whether you are a student or working professional having a reliable calculator that you can always depend on is essential.
Important exam coming up? These graphing calculators won't let you down.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Graphing Calculators.
1. Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Real and complex numbers calculated to 14-digit accuracy and displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent.
- Graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions, and 3 recursively-defined sequences.
- Up to 10 graphing functions defined, saved, graphed, and analyzed at one time.
- Sequence graphing mode shows time series plot, cobweb/stair-step plot, and phase plots.
- User-defined list names. Lists store up to 999 elements. 14 interactive zoom features.
- Numeric evaluations given in table format for all graphing modes.
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals, and derivatives.
- 7 different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn. Horizontal and vertical split- screen options. Stores up to 10 - 50x50 matrices.
- Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose, augment, reduced row echelon form, and elementary row operations.
- Convert matrices to lists and vice-versa.
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quartic polynomial regression models.
- 3 statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots.
- Advanced statistics features including 9 hypothesis testing functions, 6 confidence interval functions, and one-way analysis of variance.
2. Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
- The sleek TI-Nspire CX handheld is the thinnest and lightest TI graphing calculator model to date
- Overlay and color-code math and science concepts on digital images or your own photos
- The installed TI-Nspire Rechargeable Battery is expected to last up to two weeks of normal use on a single charge
- Color-code equations, objects, points and lines on the full-color, backlit display
- Graph and rotate (manually and automatically) 3D functions,One-year limited warranty.
- Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (3.2inches diagonal) ;
- Screen resolution: 125 DPI; 16-bit color
3. Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE White Graphing Calculator
- 15 colors for function Graphing
- Change style and color of axes and grids on graphs
- Sequence Graphing mode shows time Series plot, cobweb/stair-step plot and phase plots
- User-defined list names. Lists store up to 999 elements
- 17 interactive zoom features
Keep your calculator investment safe with these Caseling cases.
4. Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX Graphing Calculator
Accelerate the Understanding Process
- The TI-Nspire CX handheld’s innovative capabilities support teaching strategies that research has found accelerate understanding of complex mathematic and scientific concepts.
- Increase your productivity with TI-Nspire CX Student Software (included).
- TI-Nspire CX Student Software delivers enhanced graphing capabilities and other functionality that are unique to TI-Nspire CX math and science learning technology on desktop and laptop computers.
- Students have the ability to use their handheld or computer to do the same tasks for increased productivity.
Make Real-World Connections
- Import digital images – including your own photos – and overlay graphs and equations on them to see math and science at work in the physical world.
- TI-Nspire Technology supports images in .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp and .png formats.
Enter Values In Proper Notation
- Integrated mathematics templates permit students to enter expressions and see math symbols, formulas and stacked fractions just as they are printed in textbooks and on the board.
- The unique Chem Box feature lets students easily input chemical formulas and equations.
Click, Scroll, Create and Save Like a Computer
- Use intuitive drop-down menus to navigate through the TI-Nspire CX handheld.
- Create documents and pages and save your work as simply as opening, editing and storing files on a computer.
5. Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE LightningGraphing Calculator
- Enhanced screen readability with high-resolution backlit display
- Distinguish between multiple graphs and plots with color-coded equations, plots and objects
- Make graphs easier to read by adding grid lines
- 30% lighter and thinner than earlier generations
6. Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Graphing calculator handles calculus, engineering, trigonometric, and financial functions
- Can display graphs and tables on split screen to trace graph while scrolling through table values
- LCD screen features 64 x 96 pixel resolution for clear, readable display. The TI-83 Plus is approved for use on the following exams:SAT,ACT,PSAT/NMSQT,AP,International Baccalaureate
- Built-in memory for storage and analysis of up to 10 matrices
7. TI-Nspire CAS Graphing Calculator
- Advanced graphing calculator ideal for classroom use
- See multiple representations of a problem individually or together on a single screen
- Dynamically link representations of a problem to see how changes to one affect others
- Grab and move graphed functions in real time to observe relationships and patterns
- Can be used on the PSAT and SAT college entrance exams and on AP tests
8. HP G8X92AA LA Prime v2 Graphing Calculator
- Engineering; Computer science; Surveying; Trigonometry; Statistics; Geometry; Biology; Chemistry; Physics
- 2-D Function, Polar, Parametric Plot; Differential Equation, Bar Plot; Histogram, Scatter Plot; Find: Intersect, Extremum, Slope, Area; Zoom, Trace, Co-ordinates, Shade
- Decimal hrs/hrs min sec conversions; Polar/rectangular conversions; Angle conversions; Base conversions and arithmetic; Unit conversions; Bit, Boolean graphics; Display and printer graphics
- Memory: 32 MB mDDR ; Flash memory: 256 MB
9. Casio fx-9860GII Graphing Calculator
- REF/RREF function, random integers, unit conversion, new types of regressions, chi-squared GOF function, 9 new probability functions, pie charts & bar graphs, graph X=f(Y) and much more
- 1500 KB Flash ROM
- Built-in eActivity and spreadsheet applications
- Icon-based menu adds to overall intuitive usability
- Direct connection to Casio projectors
- Data transfer from unit-to-unit and from unit-to-computer
- New LCD backlight for superior visibility
- New manager software available
10. Casio FX-CG10 PRIZM Color Graphing Calculator
- Full-color LCD screen - bursting with over 65,000 brilliant colors with a spacious 3.7" LCD Screen - over 82,000 pixels (384 x 216)
- Users can create graphs over pictures of real-life scenes to better understand mathematical functions
- Color-Link and conditional formatting for graphs, charts and spreadsheet formatting
- Casio "Picture Plot" Technology - infusing real images into math
- 16MB maximum storage memory capacity and Requires 4 AAA batteries
- Color graphs
- PC link port
I hope this list of the best graphing calculator was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C