For this post, I have put together a collection of the best hedge trimmers currently available.
These hedge trimmers will make easy work of transform your messy and overgrown hedges to perfectly trimmed and tidy.
The following hedge trimmers use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Hedge Trimmers.
1. DEWALT DCHT820B Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The DEWALT DCHT820B 20v MAX Hedge Trimmer Bare tool has a powerful high output motor and laser cut, with hardened steel blades engineered for clean, fast cuts on branches up to 3/4 of an inch thick.
- 22 inch blade length, hooked tooth blade design.
- Compact and lightweight 7.5 lb. design maximizes maneuverability and minimizes stress on your arms.
- Uses a high capacity 5Ah lithium ion battery that gives it the power to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Compact with a lightweight design.
- Part of the 20VMAX system of tools.
- Battery sold separately.
2. BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer has a powerful 40V battery that provides plenty of power and run time and can cut branches up to 3/4-inch thick.
- Lithium ion batteries hold a charge 5X times longer and have double the life of NiCd batteries.
- 24-inch dual-action blade that gives up to 40-percent less vibration than single action blades and cuts cleanly and comfortably.
- Full wrap-around front handle that provides a comfortable gripping area in all cutting orientations.
- Soft grips ensure a comfortable and secure grip while trimming.
- Pre-hardened, rust-resistant steel blades stay sharp longer.
- Lightweight, compact design is easy to use and causes less user fatigue.
- Trims up to 6000 square feet per charge.
3. Worx WG255.1 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The innovative and versatile WORX 20V cordless hedge trimmer is designed to make maintaining your hedges faster, easier and more comfortable than ever before.
- MAX Lithium battery provides extra-long runtime while being more compact and lightweight.
- Weighs in at only about 6 lbs., so you can power through your jobs quickly and easily.
- Ergonomic design means less fatigue, improved grip and cutting from any angle.
- Dual-action, hardened-steel blades reduce vibration and a 9/16-inch cutting diameter trims thick branches and twigs.
- The aluminum blade cover is rust-proof and easy to clean.
4. Makita XHU02M1 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer with anti-vibration structure is engineered with five cushions within the motor housing to help minimize vibration.
- Battery capacity warning system turns on indicator light and automatically stops motor to notify user when it is time to recharge the battery
- Lower noise level at only 87 dB(A) for improved user comfort.
- Ergonomic design at 38" long with less weighs only 7.4 lbs. with 18V LXT battery (sold separately).
- 2-handed operation switch is engineered to activate the motor only when the switch and top handle are engaged
- Improved rubberized soft grip design for maximum user comfort
- Features a quick blade change, without having to disassemble the housing.
5. BLACK+DECKER LHT321FF Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The BLACK+DECKER LHT321FF 20V MAX Lithium 22-inch POWERCUT Hedge Trimmer is ideal for tough hedges and shrubs.
- Trims up to 3,000 sq. ft. in one charge.
- Ergonomic grips and low vibration help you go the distance in comfort.
- Powerful 20V MAX lithium Ion battery delivers power and run-time for most trimming jobs.
- Features a 22- in. dual-action blade to ensures less vibration while trimming.
- Quickly cuts branches up to 3/4 in. diameter.
- Part of the 20V MAX System.
6. GARCARE GHT12 Electric Hedge Trimmer
Garcare GHT12 electric dual-edge hedge trimmer for your hedge or branch trimming needs.
- Dual-edge trimming blade lets you cut on right or left side of the hedge trimmer for easy shaping and sculpting with less vibration.
- 24-inch-cutting length.
- 3/4 inch cutting capacity.
- Powerful 4.6 amp electric motor
- Two-hand safety switch.
7. Greenworks HT04B00 Hedge Trimmer
22-Inch, powerful 4 amp rotating handle hedge trimmer has dual action blades for more comfort & less vibration. .
- Cushioned over mold grip handle allows for operator comfort.
- Integrated cord lock helps prevent cord disconnection.
- Front hand guard provides prevents contact with operators hand.
- Three sided wrap around handle make cutting easier.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
8. Toro 51490 Electric Hedge Trimmer
Equipped with a powerful 4 amp motor, Toro's hedge trimmer features a 22-inch-long cutting bar with hardened steel blades that can easily cut through branches up to 9/16-inch thick.
- Dual-action cutting system that reduces vibration, work grip handles for reduced hand fatigue.
- Handy cord-lock system to prevent disruptive disconnects.
- Hardened-steel dual-action blades provide fast, professional results.
- 22-inch-long cutting bar with hardened-steel dual-action blades provides outstanding durability.
- Cuts through branches up to 9/16-inch thick.
- Work grip handles help reduce hand fatigue and improve comfort while trimming
9. Milwaukee 2726-20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
Complete yard work like a Pro with the Milwaukee M18 fuel hedge trimmer.
- Can cut up to 3/4" branches.
- Provides up to two hours of run-time per charge.
- Handle placement and weight distribution provides the best combination of balance and control.
- Features a slider-crank mechanism and all-metal gear case,
- 24” blade increases reach and productivity.
- Blade tip guard to prevent damage to property and blades.
- Compatible with 150 plus solutions on the M18 system.
- Overall weight of just 8.6 pounds.
10. Husqvarna 115iHD55 Hedge Trimmer
Lightweight, comfortable and easy to use 40V 22-in. Husqvarna hedge trimmer.
- Perfect for trimming medium sized to larger sized hedges.
- Efficient, brushless electric motor with save mode, intuitive keypad.
- Instant start and a telescopic shaft for easy height adjustments.
- Low noise level allows you to work without disturbing the surroundings.
- 4Ah battery and charger included.
I hope this list of the best hedge trimmers was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C