For this post, I have put together a collection of the best impact wrenches currently available.
These powerful tools will help you save time and effort removing stubborn bolts and wheel lug nuts. I have included a range of options including air-powered, electric and cordless so you can find the right one for you.
The following impact wrenches use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Impact Wrenches.
1. AIRCAT 1150 Killer Torque Air Impact Wrench
The AIRCAT 1150, 1/2 in. Composite Impact Wrench is designed for heavy duty automotive and industrial applications. The tool has substantially reduced noise levels while retaining more power and torque.
- Incorporates a patented, ergonomically engineered handle design to relieve stress and fatigue on the operator’s hands, wrists and arms.
- Features patented tuned exhaust muffler technology, allows discharged air to pass without developing back pressure, thus retaining more power, while significantly reducing noise.
- Hard hitting twin hammer mechanism.
- 1,295 (ft. lb.) loosening torque
- Durable composite housing.
- Quiet tuned exhaust (86 dB).
- Easy operation flip lever forward and reverse.
2. DEWALT DCF880HM2 20-Volt Cordless Impact Wrench
The DEWALT DCF880HM2 20v MAX* Lithium Ion 1/2-inch Impact Wrench Kit features a compact, lightweight (3. 4 lbs) design that fits into all kinds of tight areas.
- Three LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release, that helps to provide visibility without shadows.
- Features a hog ring anvil to easily change sockets.
- Drive size = 1/2-inch square drive.
- Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides maximum comfort and control for the user.
- Powered by a XR Li-Ion battery with fuel gauge.
3. Porter-Cable PCE211 7.5 Amp Electric Impact Wrench
The Porter-Cable PCE211 7.5 amp 1/2" impact wrench features a 1/2" hog ring anvil for easy socket changes.
- 7.5 amp motor allows for heavy duty applications.
- 450 ft.lbs of torque for installing and removing heavy fasteners.
- 200 RPM & 2, 700 BPM provide fast application speeds.
- Offers a Forward/ Reverse rocker switch.
Don't forget the socket set.
4. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX Drive Air Impact Wrench
The Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX 1/2-Inch Drive Air Impact Wrench is built to tackle the toughest bolts.
- Powerful, durable impact wrench packs up to 1,350 foot-pounds of nut-busting torque into a compact and lightweight design.
- Weighing only 4.6 pounds, it allows you to work for longer stretches of time without fatigue.
- Four-position power regulator and one-handed forward/reverse push button give you the control and versatility needed to tackle a variety of automotive and industrial jobs.
- Titanium hammer case and rugged composite housing.
5. DEWALT DCF899HB 20-Volt Cordless Impact Wrench
The DEWALT DCF899HB 20v MAX XR Brushless High Torque 1/2" Impact Wrench w. Hog Ring Anvil features a brushless motor which is designed to provide superior run-time, performance and durability.
- Heavy-duty impact mechanism with a max torque at 700 ft./lbs.
- Max breakaway torque at 1,00 ft./lbs.
- Features a 3-speed selector switch that allows for application specific torque/drive control.
- LED work light with a 20 second delay that will provide visibility when working in dimly lit spaces.
- Even though this tool is ergonomic and lightweight, it can handle a 6-8ft drop and is resistant to chemicals, grease and cleaners.
- Hog ring offers quicker/easier socket changes for users who swap sizes frequently and don't require maximum retention.
6. ACDelco ANI405 Air Impact Wrench
Whether you’re fastening or removing nuts and bolts, you can definitely depend on the ACDelco ANI405 1/2-inch Twin Hammer Impact Wrench.
- Features a hard-hitting twin hammer mechanism that pushes out 500 ft.-lbs. maximum torque and 7,000 RPM of free speed.
- Durable aluminum alloy housing.
- Forward: 3 Speeds; Reverse: 1 Speed.
- Handle exhaust design.
7. HAMMERHEAD HDIW075 Electric Impact Wrench
The HAMMERHEAD 1/2-inch Impact Wrench features a powerful 7.5-Amp motor that delivers 240 ft.-lb. of torque for high-torque applications, such as automotive repair and heavy equipment maintenance.
- Forward/reverse rocker switch and non-slip grip provide added comfort and control.
- Features a metal gearbox housing for increased durability.
- 240 torque for heavy-duty applications.
- Powerful 7.5 Amp motor delivers 2,200 RPM and 2,700 BPM.
- 1/2 inch square drive with friction ring for secure socket retention.
8. Ingersoll Rand 231C Super-Duty Air Impact Wrench
Power through tough jobs with ease using the Ingersoll Rand 231C 1/2-Inch Super-Duty Air Impact Wrench.
- Adjustable power regulator lets you easily adjust power output to suit your task.
- Twin-hammer mechanism helps ensure efficient performance with impressive rotational speeds of up to 8,000 rpm.
- Measuring 7.3 inches in length and weighing 5.8 pounds, the 231C Air Impact Wrench is compact enough to minimize stress on your wrists and hands.
- Contoured handle and ergonomic design, the impact wrench is easy to carry and control.
- Features a streamlined two-piece construction that is easy to maintain.
9. Campbell Hausfeld TL140200AV Air Impact Wrench
Twin-hammer clutch, 1/2 inch impact wrench from Campbell Hausfeld provides maximum power at 550 ft lbs of torque.
- Variable speed regulator provides low, medium and full power output in the forward direction and maximum power in reverse.
- Smooth, balanced impact mechanism and rubberized grip reduce user experience.
- Features a powerful and balanced twin hammer impact mechanism which delivers accurate results with reduced vibration.
- 550 ft- lbs of maximum torque, 1,200 impacts per minute, and 8,000 rpm. to tackle tough lugs and bolts with ease.
- Weighing in at 4.4. lbs, the lightweight composite design combined with soft rubber grip reduces fatigue during use.
- Optimally placed speed regulator allows for convenient control of both speed settings (low, medium, full) and directional settings (forward, reverse).
10. Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Cordless Impact Wrench
The 2767-20 M18 FUEL High Torque 1/2 inch Impact Wrench with Friction Ring is great for those stubborn and rusted bolts by delivering 1,000 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1400 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque.
- 4-Mode DRIVE CONTROL with Bolt Removal mode gives users the most control over their fasteners.
- Bolt Removal mode gives the user more control when removing fasteners by slowing to 750rpm once the fastener has been busted loose.
- Offers quick, tool-free socket changes with a 1/2 inch friction ring anvil.
- Premium rubber overmold material gives you ultimate comfort during prolonged use while lasting longer against corrosive materials.
I hope this list of the best impact wrenches was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C