For this post, I have put together a collection of the best kitchen shears currently available.
Features and common uses of kitchen shears:
- Poultry shears – Trim off fat or skin, create bite size pieces, or even spatchcock / butterfly a whole bird - much safer than using a knife on slippery chicken.
- Meat scissors – Make lardons, shred cooked meat, trim fat and dice raw meat, all without needing a cutting board and knife.
- All-purpose utility scissors – Snip herbs, cut and open tough cardboard or plastic packaging, shape dough or trim pastry sheets, trim flower stems, trim pasta or noodles, peel shrimp, and even cut slices of pizza.
- Nut cracker / shell cracker – Easily open sealed bottles, or crack nuts and shells, using the serrated section on the inside of the handles.
The following kitchen shears use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Kitchen Shears.
1. Kershaw Taskmaster Kitchen Shears
- Made from high-carbon, cutlery-grade stainless steel, these well-made shears are great for a variety of uses--from cutting pizza to cleaning just-caught fish.
- They combine a straight edge with a serrated edge for maximum versatility.
- Plus, this handy kitchen tools bonus features are numerous. A lid lifter pries under rolled metal lids to raise them quickly and easily, while its unique handle design helps grip the lids of tough-to-open jars.
- Other highlights include a bottle opener, nutcracker, and bone notch for grabbing game or poultry bones.
- Blades un-hinge for easy clean-up, and are safe to clean in the dishwasher.
- Ideal for trimming meat, snipping herbs, or cutting flowers, these shears are as useful for the hunter, fisherman, or outdoors lover as they are for the home cook
2. Wusthof 5558-1 Kitchen Shears
- These powerful 8-inch kitchen shears cut food, flowers, paper, cardboard, even carpet.
- They're balanced in the hand and work equally well for right-handers and left-handers.
- Blades formed from high-carbon stainless steel curve inward so they meet in only one place at any given position and cutting action is smooth and exact.
- One blade's serrations prevent slippage.
- A plastic cap on the screw securing the blades can be lifted so the shears can be taken apart for resharpening.
- Steel-tooth insets in the rugged synthetic handles twist open bottle and jar caps.
- The shears are dishwasher-safe, but hand washing better protects the blade edges.
3. ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Kitchen Shears
- ZWILLING J.A. Henckels TWIN Kitchen Shears handle every kitchen cutting tasks with ease.
- Whether snipping herbs, cutting various foods or safely opening packages, these shears are up to the task.
- Each are assembled with a screw for precise blade movement and ease of sharpening.
- All ZWILLING J.A. Henckels kitchen shears are dishwasher safe.
4. MAIRICO Kitchen Shears
- Professional design and ultra sharp blades make it feel comfortable, light and effortless.
- Made from premium, durable, top grade stainless steel that is rust and corrosion resistance. Its handles are designed to provide comfortable, firm, non-slippery contact. It is dishwasher safe, although hand wash is recommended.
- Blades are ultra sharp and deliver highly precise cuts with minimal effort.
- Performs extraordinarily well in all major kitchen tasks, such as butterflying poultry, cutting meat, chicken, poultry bones, vegetables, fish, various foods, herbs, etc.
- High quality blades and extreme sharpness make it a terrific performer in and outside the kitchen.
5. Kitchenaid Classic Kitchen Shears
- These KitchenAid Shears with Soft Grip Handles will be one of the most valuable tools in your kitchen..
- You will find yourself using them for many short cuts and everyday tasks.
- Heavy duty shears feature a sharp stainless steel blade and soft comfort grip handle.
- Dishwasher safe. 8-3/4 inch long.
6. Prime Kitchen SolutionsKitchen Shears
- Whether you regularly cook chicken or poultry, cut up herbs, or need a little versatility with breaking down boxes or hard plastic, a good set of kitchen shears is essential.
- 2-piece multifunction kitchen tool set that helps you cut meat, bones, crack nuts, and open bottles with improved efficiency and safety.
- Designed for the modern kitchen, these versatile shears make it far easier to cut, slice, and dice thanks to ultra-sharp blades and smarter, more ergonomic design.
- Easy to handle with either hand and provide superior leverage while cutting.
7. J.A. Henckels International Kitchen Shears
High quality corrosion resistant stainless steel.
Micro-serrated blade edge for slip-proof cutting.
Center area between handle and blade opens bottle caps.
Serrated area in handle can be used as a nutcracker or open screw caps with ease.
Lifetime limited manufacturer warranty;
Diswasher safe, hand washing recommended.
No-stain steel blades.
Micro serrated blade for slip proof cutting.
8. OXO Good Grips Kitchen Shears
- OXO GOOD GRIPS Kitchen and Herb Scissors are a tool you'll always want within reach, ideal for cutting cardboard, twine, flowers, meat, vegetables and more.
- Soft, comfortable grip features cushioning pads that absorb pressure while you cut.
- Use the herb stripper above the handles to quickly remove fresh herbs from tough stems.
- Hardened micro-serrated blade that grips items securely and prevents slipping.
- For easy cleaning, simply separate the blades.
- Hand wash with warm, soapy water and promptly dry.
9. CatneeKitchen Shears
- All-purpose scissors can be used inside and outside the kitchen.
- High quality corrosion-resistant, stainless steel.
- Comfortable and slip-proof grip handle.
- Provides a great, comfortable grip, regardless of whether you are right or left handed.
- Micro-serrated blade edge , designed with complete safety in mind, provides you a non-slip cutting for various different kitchen food.
- Plastic blade guard protects you from getting hurt.
10. Chef Remi Kitchen Shears
- Ergonomic handles that keep your fingers and palm comfortable when squeezing shears, even when your hands are wet, or sticky/slick from food juices.
- Ingenious, interchangeable handle design means shears can be used by both left and right handed person.
- The smart solution for elderly people, or for those who have mobility / arthritis issues in their hands.
- Ultra-sharp, stainless steel, corrosion resistant blades. They will never rust, and will stay sharp for years to come.
- Micro-serrated blade edges are designed to grip on to foods, so blades never slip, even on wet foods.
I hope this list of the best kitchen shears was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C