For this post, I have put together a collection of the best pocket knives currently available.
Perhaps no other tool is as versatile as a pocket knife. Always keep one within reach to quickly help out with any task during your day-to-day activities.
The following pocket knives use the latest innovative components and quality materials to meet your needs.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Pocket Knives.
1. Tac Force TF-705 Pocket Knife
The TAC Force TF-705 Series assisted opening tactical folding knife features a 3-1/4-inch, 3-millimeter thick half-serrated stainless steel blade with a 4-1/2-inch closed length.
- One-handed deployment, this spring-assisted open folding knife locks securely into place with the use of its liner lock.
- Sturdy aluminum handle features a bottle opener and a glass breaker on the end, which can be used to punch out the window of a car in an emergency.
- 3-1/4-inch, 3mm thick stainless steel blade.
- 4-1/2-inch closed length, 8-3/8-inch open length.
- Back of the handle features a pocket clip for easy and safe carry.
- Half-serrated blade for cutting rope, branches, and more.
- Handle end includes bottle opener and screwdriver.
- Pocket clip for easy and safe carry.
2. Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Pocket Knife
The Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Pocket Knife is designed to be slim and lightweight.
- Easily slips into a pocket to be called upon when any number of appropriate tasks present themselves.
- Includes all the implements needed for work and play.
- Essential if you're simply moving through your day or journeying around the world.
- 12 functions including large and small blade, screwdrivers, bottle opener, wire stripper and more.
3. Buck Knives 110 Pocket Knife
The 110 Folding Hunter® is a classic and traditional favorite. Buck's Folding Hunter was created in 1963 when Al Buck decided that a revolutionary locking blade knife was needed by outdoorsmen who wanted a sturdy knife but did not want to carry a long, fixed blade knife.
- Blade material approaches the wear resistance of high carbon alloys while delivering the corrosion resistance of chromium stainless steels.
- Exclusive heat-treat process gives superior corrosion resistance with excellent strength for wear resistance and durability.
- Blade is easy to resharpen.
- Crescent tip makes the blade thinner with a sharper point.
4.Kershaw Brawler (1990) Folding Pocket Knife
Kershaw’s Brawler is an excellent utility knife, designed to perform at the top of its game every time.
- 3-inch modified Tanto blade is designed for excellent piercing capability, punching through tough materials when required.
- Blade is made of high-performance 8Cr13MoV steel, featuring excellent edge retention and corrosion resistance.
- Features a swedge grind, narrowing the blade and adding to its piercing power.
- Angled handle curves easily into the palm and jimping along the back of the blade offers additional traction.
- Sturdy glass-filled nylon handle scales, a secure locking liner and a 4-position pocketclip.
- Straight belling offers excellent cutting capacity and is perfect for bearing down on a task.
- Blade is opened quickly and easily with one hand, thanks to SpeedSafe assisted opening and a simple pull back on the built-in flipper.
5.Gerber STL 2.0 Pocket Knife
The Gerber STL 2.0 Pocket Knife fetures a cut out in the blade that provides for easy one-handed opening.
- Thin stainless steel handles feature a lanyard hole and a unique frame lock for safety.
- Slim design fits comfortably in your pocket.
- Overall length is 5.100 in when closed, the blade is 2.100 in.
- Overall length when open is 7.68 Inches.
6. Kershaw Blur Black 1670BLK Pocket Knife
Kershaw’s premier value in re-curved blades showcases effortlessly in the excellent slicing and piercing capabilities.
- Mild S-shaped 3.4-inch 14C28N Sandvik Stainless Steel blade.
- Slight curvature lengthens the edge of the blade, offering wide angular dimensions and draws the middle of the blade back into the material.
- S-curve moves most of the blade weight toward the tip and the concave edge.
- Keeps the material from pulling away, helps to avoid tip overuse and optimizes the angle of attack and enhances the cutting power and efficiency.
- Handle is made of 6061-T6 anodized aluminum and features Trac-Tec inserts for a strong grip.
7. Kershaw 1660 Leek Pocket Knife
The Kershaw 1660 Leek Pocket Knife features a razor sharp, 3” modified drop-point blade made with 14C28N Sandvik steel for excellent edge retention, corrosion resistance and hardness.
- Features Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening system for easy one-handed operation.
- Slim tip provides excellent piercing action.
- Performs well even when used for meticulous detail work.
- Built-in frame lock to prevent the blade from closing during use.
- Tip-lock slider securing blade is closed in transit.
- Soft, non-reflective matte look.
8. Gerber EAB Lite Pocket Knife
The Gerber EAB Lite Pocket Knife features a utility blade that's replaceable with either 2-1/4-inch contractor grade or standard size utility blades.
- Stainless steel handle that also doubles as a pocket or money clip.
- Measures 5.1 inches when open and it closes down to 2.8 inches.
- Extremely lightweight at just 2.5 ounces.
- Deep finger grooves for a secure grip.
9. Kershaw Cryo 1555TI Pocket Knife
The Kershaw Cryo 1555TI Pocket Knife was made in successful collaboration between custom knifemaker Rick Hinderer and Kershaw experts. The blade is coated with matte gray titanium carbo-nitride which increases the blade’s hardness, helps maintain the edge and increases the longevity.
- 2.75-inch blade, accessible with the built-in flipper or the thumbstud.
- Blade is made of 8Cr13MoV steel.
- Offers a tough frame lock and lockbar stabilizer for secure blade lockup,
- SpeedSafe assisted opening for fast and easy one-handed opening.
- Adjustable, 4-position deep-carry pocketclip.
- Designed to be a sturdy, aesthetically pleasing knife with good in-hand feel.
- Ideal everyday carry with the tactical quality.
10. Victorinox Swiss Army Swiss Champ Pocket Knife
The Swiss Champ was designed for both everyday and not-so-everyday projects. Whether you use it for a quick fix in your home or for your camping adventures, this is the ultimate multitasking tool.
- With 33 functions, the SwissChamp is like having a toolbox in your pocket.
- Includes a fish scaler, wire cutters, magnifying glass, mini-screwdriver, and much more.
- Has a tool for nearly any job without adding significant bulk to your gear.
- Makes a perfect tool companion for virtually anyone.
I hope this list of the best pocket knives was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C