The 10 Best String Trimmers
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best string trimmers currently available.
The following string trimmers use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best String Trimmers.
1. BLACK+DECKER LSTE523 Cordless String Trimmer
BLACK+DECKER LSTE523 20V MAX Lithium EASYFEED String Trimmer/Edger is part of the 20V MAX System.
- Features the Power Drive Transmission which increases torque for more cutting power at the string.
- 2-speed control lets you choose between more power or extended runtime.
- Easily converts from trimmer to wheeled edger.
- Features EASYFEED which allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required.
- Premium micro texture soft grip that provides comfort and control.
- Adjustable height and handle for ideal user comfort.
- Cutting swath of 12 inches.
2. Worx WG163 GT Cordless String Trimmer
The WORX cordless 20-volt MAX lithium powered string trimmer delivers new levels of power, precision and function.
- Those 20 volts of MAX lithium battery power give the WG163 longer run times and more power.
- 12-inch cutting diameter means more trimming in less time.
- Convert to an edger in seconds, with dual-positioned in-line wheels that make edging a breeze.
- Innovative Command FeedTM instant line feeding system keeps you productively moving on your lawn projects.
- Make easy height adjustments to the telescopic shaft using the quick-release trigger lever.
- Single-line feed which means no bumping to extend the line.
- Adjustable space guard not only helps protect vegetation, it also acts as an edger guide.
- Front auxiliary handle has 7 locking adjustments for maximum comfort while trimming, edging, or mowing.
3. DEWALT DCST920P1 Cordless String Trimmer
The DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer (5.0 Ah) provides precise power control.
- Variable speed trigger as well as performance and run time management with the Hi/Lo speed control switch.
- Brushless motor maximizes motor efficiency and durability.
- Patented gear drive design will provide more torque and maintain cut speed under load,
- Dual .080" line with bump feed clears a full 13 Inches.
- Well balanced and only 8.5 lbs.
- Easy to maneuver and puts less stress on the user.
Don't forget the string:
4. Makita XRU02Z Cordless String Trimmer
Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer (Tool Only) 180 degree rotating head allows user to easily convert from trimmer to edger with a 10-1/4" cutting width Instant start up:
- Simply load an 18V LXT battery and the tool is ready to use Zero emissions and reduced maintenance, with no need for gas or oil.
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience.
- Adjustable loop handle is designed to suit the user's height and working posture.
- Spool assembly is easy to attach and rewind, with improved reinforced metal bump-feed button.
- Battery capacity warning system turns on indicator light, it is engineered to automatically stop motor to notify user when is time to recharge the battery.
- Built-in lock-off lever for user convenience.
5. Husqvarna 115iL Cordless String Trimmer
- Lightweight, comfortable & easy to use 40V battery powered 14-in. trimmer.
- Features an efficient brushless electric motor with save mode and intuitive keypad.
- Instant start and a telescopic shaft for easy height adjustments.
- 4Ah battery and charger are included.
6. Hitachi CG23ECPSL Gas Powered String Trimmer
- 22.5 cc PureFire two Stroke engine meets emissions levels without sacrificing power, adding weight, or creating maintenance headaches. 69.6" overall length to lessen fatigue from bending. Anti-vibration system to reduce user fatigue. S-start recoil starting system reduces the force needed to start the engine.
7. Greenworks Corded String Trimmer
- Powerful 4 Amp motor to tackle the tough weeds in the yard.
- Shaft rotates for easy and accurate edging for a finely groomed yard.
- 13" cutting path to help you complete the job quicker.
- Adjustable telescoping shaft to fit the users height.
- Convenient cord lock to prevent accidental unplugging.
- 0.065" dual line auto-feed head makes advancing the cutting line simple and easy.
8. Ryobi One+ Cordless String Trimmer
- Pick up the perfect addition to your ONE+ Tool collection. This ONE+ String trimmer is lightweight, easy to use and easy to store.
- Automatic-feed string head, trimmer provides a manageable 10 in. cut width.
- Shaft also rotates to edger mode so you can make quick work of your small lawn care projects.
- One+ batteries and chargers sold separately.
9. Milwaukee 2725-21HD Cordless String Trimmer
The M18 FUEL String Trimmer has the power to clear thick brush, reaches full throttle in under 1 second, and provides up to 1 hour of run-time per charge.
- Motor is positioned in the rear of the trimmer to provide the best combination of power, balance, and maneuverability.
- Features high and low speed settings with a variable speed trigger.
- High provides the power to clear thick brush, and low maximizes run-time while having plenty of power for grass trimming.
- 16” cutting swath trims more grass in a single pass, increasing productivity.
- Full sized head holds more line and has a metal reinforced bump knob for longer life.
- Fully compatible with 125+ solutions on the M18 system.
10. EGO Power+ Cordless String Trimmer
- New, high-efficiency brushless motor deliver the performance of gas without the noise, fuss and fumes.
- 15 in. cutting swath.
- Extended aluminum shaft make for efficient trimming around your yard.
I hope this list of the best string trimmers was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C