The Complete Package: Everything You Need To Find Your Dream Architecture Job
After receiving valuable feedback from my audience, last year I launched The Complete Package.
This set of eGuides, flashcards and sample two page portfolio is the result of over a decade of experience in the architecture industry.
I have seen what works and what doesn't when it comes to the architecture job search. I have spent years researching effective methods and strategies for the hiring process. This information has been combined into The Complete Package, a simple yet effective collection that will greatly increase the quality of your candidacy.
The aim of The Complete Package has been to present the hiring and job search principles in a comprehensive and cohesive fashion. It contains everything you would want to know about the architecture job search and interview procedures. It will give you the generalized principles, examples and techniques of how to apply them.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COMPLETE PACKAGE?
THE PORTFOLIOS eGUIDE
The portfolio is one of the most difficult components of the architecture job search process. Further complicating this issue is that a portfolio is not a single document but rather a series of documents for each stage in the hiring process.
From your initial application to the interview, the purpose of this guide is to provide you with a proven, efficient system to get the job you want.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE PORTFOLIOS eGUIDE?
- 400+ pages of time saving guidance, portfolio examples and efficient methods to properly represent your work
- Comprehensive explanations on portfolios for each stage of the process: from applications to interviews
- Feedback from real architecture firms and hiring managers on what they look for in portfolios
- Outstanding portfolio examples with detailed commentary on why they are successful
- The most effective ways to format and submit your portfolios at each stage
- Dozens of compelling sample projects to inspire your own layouts and imagery
This guide breaks down the overwhelming task of creating a portfolio into manageable pieces to help you land your dream job.
THE APPLICATIONS eGUIDE
Architecture is more than just a J-O-B, it requires years of focus and dedication to succeed in the profession. It is fair to say that the culmination of all of this effort is landing the job you want. Therefore, putting together a well targeted, relevant application is worth the investment of your time and effort.
Throughout this guide I will provide you with hints, tips and tricks on how to create an application that gets noticed. I will share what I have learned through my discussions with some of the world’s top architecture hiring managers to help you land an interview.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE APPLICATIONS eGUIDE?
- Proven strategies to get your architecture job application to the top of the pile
- Answers to what top companies like Zaha Hadid Architects and Snohetta look for in applicants.
- Extensive coverage of essential topics, such as where to apply online and with little or no experience
- How to prepare architecture cover letters, resumes and application portfolios
- How to get excellent letters of reference
- The best ways to submit your applications for your particular situation
Regardless of your experience this guide will show you how to correctly address common issues to help you land a job interview.
THE INTERVIEWS eGUIDE
I've coached and interviewed many architects. This essential, time saving interview material is the result.
Learn how to uncover the hints and hidden details in a question, discover how to break down a problem into manageable chunks and practice on dozens of interview questions and solutions.
These interview questions are real. They reflect what's truly being asked at the top firms, so that you can be as prepared as possible.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE INTERVIEWS eGUIDE?
- Proven strategies to tackle tough interview questions
- A behind the scenes look at how top companies like Zaha Hadid Architects and Snohetta make hiring decisions.
- Extensive coverage of essential topics, such as phone and Skype interviews
- Techniques to prepare for and ace the soft side of the interview: behavioral questions.
- Dozens of sample interview questions and responses
- Sample questions to ask to get the most out of your interview
- How to negotiate compensation after the interview
Regardless of your experience this guide will show you how to correctly address common issues to help you land a job offer.
INTERVIEW FLASHCARDS (Print and ePub)
- 82 of the most asked architecture job interview questions with ideal responses provided by actual architecture hiring managers. These flashcards will help you prepare for your next interview by providing concise, clear answers.
Get instant access to the ePub download to use on any smartphone or tablet AND the pdf flashcards to print at your convenience.
ARCHITECTURE SALARY NEGOTIATION GUIDE
- A quick reference guide for your next architecture job offer.
- Learn proven techniques to get the most beneficial compensation for you.
- Discover the many variables to negotiate beyond just salary.
- Get the best overall package for your particular situation.
BONUS MATERIAL: FREE Two Page Portfolio Sample
When applying to any job I advise applicants to use the shortest architecture portfolio possible.
I have successfully applied to the top firms with only a resume and a TWO PAGE portfolio.
For the first contact with an architecture firm use this sample portfolio format to provide a snapshot of your greatest work and experience.
Order The Complete Package now to get instant access to the PDF eGuides and flashcards to print and/or view on any smartphone or tablet at your convenience.
Why put off taking your architecture career to the next level?
Was $410.00, now only $147
Get instant access to the downloads.
I am so confident that my system will work for you that if you do not get an architecture job within 60 DAYS of purchase AND get at least a $2,500 salary increase you will receive a full refund. No questions asked.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, LEED AP
FOUNDER OF THE ARCHITECT'S GUIDE