For this post, I have put together a collection of the best portable folding workbenches currently available.
A quality workbench needs to be durable and sturdy even after years of use. This longevity is achieved through the use of quality materials.
The compact design allows for easy transport, and folds down for space-saving storage. Easily bring your worktable with you wherever it is needed.
The following best portable folding workbenches are ideal for woodworkers, DIY enthusiasts, carpenters and home mechanics.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Portable Folding Workbenches.
1. Kreg KWS1000 Portable Folding Workbench
- Tables provide large 27.5" x 31.5" work surface and 360° access.
- Locking table supports with easy-release tabs
- Hole pattern on tables accept Kreg Bench Dogs and other accessories.
- Included Kreg Bench Clamp with Automaxx clamps vertically and horizontally.
- Built-in storage trays hold hardware and other parts.
- Heavy-gauge steel legs provide a solid foundation.
- Folds down in seconds for work on the go and easy storage.
- Expandable by pairing with a second Mobile Project Center.
- Includes: Mobile Project Center, Kreg Bench Clamp with Automaxx Technology, (4) Kreg Bench Dogs, (2) support brackets, (2) Trak bushings, (2) connection keys, and owner’s manual.
2. WORX Pegasus Portable Folding Workbench
- Versatile worktable converts to a sawhorse or work bench in seconds – no assembly required
- Compact, foldable and lightweight for go-anywhere usage and storage – only 5” depth when folded
- Worktable supports up to 300 lbs., sawhorse supports up to 1,000 lbs. – legs lock for added security
- Includes two (2) Quick Clamps and four (4) clamp dogs to secure a variety of materials and shapes
- Tabletop measures 31”x 25” or 725 sq. in.,
- 32” high, 30 lbs.
3. Keter Portable Folding Workbench
- Durable steel legs provide the support you need to feel confident while performing any task while a pair of one-handed clamps holds your project materials securely in place.
- Holds up to 1000 pounds on its roomy 33.46 " W x 21.65 " D surface.
- Despite its heavy-duty capabilities, the workbench folds to a compact size when not in use.
- Quick-opening system makes easy work of stashing the folding workbench in the smallest of spaces when you're ready to move on to other tasks.
- Reassembly is equally quick and simple, and its carrying handle makes moving the table a cinch.
- Made from rugged polypropylene resin, the work table is built to stand the test of time.
4. Black & Decker WM1000 Portable Folding Workbench
- Made of a heavy gauge, robust steel frame for a high load capacity up to 550 pounds.
- Large solid bamboo work surface enables an all purpose work platform.
- Convenient comfortable work height.
- Quick-clamping mechanism which allows for fast setup.
- Flexible clamping options enabled by a one-hand clamping system.
- Safety mechanism that provides a secure solid frame and reliable structure.
- Quick release handle that allows for one hand fast folding for convenient storage and easy transporting.
5. X-Tra Hand 2-in-1 Portable Folding Workbench
- Patented 2-in-1 workbench/platform design features a portable, collapsible workbench that easily converts to a work platform.
- 500lb. capacity.
- Extra large, square-framed 39.8 in. x 18.8 in. wood surface.
- Includes a versatile utility tray,
- V-groove for cutting pipe, drill-through clearance and protractor and ruler for layout work.
- High-impact polypropylene decking; extruded, extendable aluminum legs and welded steel frame with non-skid feet.
- Both modes provide access to the on-board power strip for plug-in convenience.
- Built-in handle allows easy transport.
- Up to 31.6in.H overall height when fully extended.
6. Black & Decker WM425-A Portable Folding Workbench
- Durable and sturdy frame with an innovative one-handed clamp system.
- One-handed clamping system which allows the clamps to be adjusted together or separately.
- Adjustable swivel pegs that support a wide variety of shapes by holding oddly or un-routinely-shaped work pieces and holding them securely.
- Adjustable jaws and vertical clamping provides flexibility and stability when clamping materials.
- Heavy-gauge steel frame construction that supports up to 550 pounds.
- Handy dual height adjustment.
- Folds up easily for simple wall storage.
7. WORX WX066 Portable Folding Workbench
- This compact, lightweight yet extremely sturdy table has a detachable tabletop design that offers maximum versatility and portability.
- Durable metal leg stand that quickly locks into place and supports up to 300 lbs.
- The metal leg stand will not slip on hard surfaces or sink into soft ground.
- Collapsible leg stand is easily detached and collapsed into an easy-to-transport option that stores neatly and conveniently inside of the tabletop which folds in half to serve as a handy carrier for the leg stand.
- Weighing in at less than 14 lbs., it is easy to handle when you’re finished, just fold in half for convenient out-of-the-way storage.
8. Disston 30140 4-in-1 Portable Folding Workbench
- Workbench, scaffold, dolly and floor creeper all in one.
- Large work surface of 37.5" x 18.3".
- 500 pound load capacity,
- Accommodates large projects with ease.
- Built-in features: power strip, ruler/protractor, drill hole, steel hammer surface, in line accessory storage, carry handle.
- Lightweight at only 32 pounds.
- Compact and easily stored.
9. Performance Tool W54025 Portable Folding Workbench
- Folding design for compact storage.
- Tabletop printed with grid, ruler and protractor for added convenience.
- One-handed clamp system allows for independent jaw adjustment.
- Jaws resist warping and can be angled to accommodate uniquely-shaped materials.
- 200 lb safe working load.
- Folding design for compact storage.
10. Black & Decker WM125 Portable Folding Workbench
- Weighing only 15 pounds, this heavy-duty workbench holds up to 350 pounds to accommodate a wide variety of projects.
- Dual clamp cranks and four swivel pegs can be angled for unique jobs when clamping a variety of materials.
- Jaws resist swelling and warping over time.
- Non-skid feet prevent sliding while you work.
- Folds flat for compact storage.
I hope this list of the best portable folding workbenches was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C