This list is the first in a series of posts I will be putting together to help answer the question: "what do architects wear?"
To start, here are 10 unique watches for architects that I think you will enjoy.
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are a veteran architect, these watches will help you stand out from the crowd.
But I can't I just see the time on my phone?
Wearing a quality watch is about much more than just telling time. It is one of the few fashion accessories (especially for men) that has stood the test of time.
Wearing a quality watch isn't about showing off, it is about expressing your unique style.
In the professional world of architecture we are surrounded by high quality design and excellence. Enhance your own style to convey this same methodology.
The best value for you
I have included a range of prices so, regardless of your budget, you can find the perfect watch for you.
So here is my list of the must-have watches for architects.
Let me know your favorite in the comments below. Enjoy!
10 Unique Watches For Architects.
1. Cronometrics Unisex Architect L9 Watch
- It all begins with the dreamer, the visionary who transforms the world with imagination and style.
- From within the triangle at the centre springs forth limitless possibilities of design and pattern, of journeys to points known and unknown.
- The serene abstraction of its look is the gentle reminder that time is not necessarily best spent wisely but creatively.
- Battery powered 3 hand Miyota Quartz with date.
- Hardened mineral crystal.
- Brushed black stainless steel.
- Gunmetal hands & markers.
- Red second hand.
3. Skagen Men's SKW6085 Havene Saddle Leather Watch
- Modern watch featuring black numberless dial with date window, logo, and subdial.
- 42-mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window.
- Quartz movement with analog display.
- Leather calfskin band with buckle closure.
- Water resistant to 50 m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling.
4. PUMA Unisex PU103592006 Gummy Pop-Color Watch
- The Gummy is exactly what your outfit needs: a perfectly placed pop of color – or a dash of neutral in a unique, understated design.
- Single mold contoured design is made of super soft silicone for a seamless look and feel. Its exterior band is embossed with a metal link design.
- Tonal look with contrast dial hands and watchband loops with a 3D dial.
- Sporty yet fashionable, this watch moves easily between work and play.
5. Swatch Unisex SUOZ147 Watch
- Modern watch featuring black case with silver-tone bezel and numberless skeleton dial.
- 42.7-mm plastic case with plastic dial window.
- Quartz movement with analog display.
- Silicone band with buckle closure.
- Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming.
6. ALBI Watch
- C40 mm case diameter and only about 7 mm high.
- Equipped with sapphire crystal and houses a thin quartz movement.
- 30 meter water resistance.
- Silver back case.
- Matte dial surface.
7. CUCOL Women's Wooden Bamboo Watch
- This minimal design captures the natural essence of traditional bamboo, with a light, subtle aroma and glass front for protection.
- The use of bamboo materials is also eco-friendly.
- Quartz movement operates on a battery power source, which offers long-lasting usage for up to 12 - 24 months.
- The quartz crystal oscillates at a consistent rate and requires no winding whatsoever, which guarantee's accurate readings every time.
- The smooth cowhide leather strap provides maximum comfort even during extended use.
8. Braun Men's Classic Slim Watch
- Ultra slim minimalist designer watch.
- 38mm stainless steel case.
- 99 ft. water resistance.
- Japanese quartz movement.
9. Bulova Men's 96C105 Black Stainless Steel Watch
- A distinguished look takes this Bulova Men's Black Dial Bracelet Watch a step above the rest.
- Large, round, black dial features silver-tone baton indexes and dauphine hands with luminous fill, an innovative day display inside three and four o'clock, and two convenient sub-dials with the date and a 24-hour clock.
- Protective mineral crystal is slightly curved and framed by a wide black bezel and gilt metalized rim.
- Fastening quickly and securely with a deployment clasp, the stainless steel bracelet features narrow links fanning out from the bold watch face.
- Powered by reliable Japanese-quartz movement and is water resistant to 99 feet (30 meters).
10. Timex Unisex Weekender 38mm Watch
- Iconic Versatile Design.
- Nylon or Genuine Leather Slip-Thru Strap.
- Genuine Leather Quick Release Straps.
- 24-Hour Military Time.
- Full Arabic Numerals.
- Water Resistant to 30 Meters (99 Feet).
- Nylon Straps are Washable Using a Mild Detergent.
- Indiglo Night-Light.
I hope you enjoyed this first installment of "what do architects wear?"
If you found this list of great watches for architects helpful let me know in the comments below.
Now that you have a watch picked out, are ready to find your dream architecture job?
Check out The Architect's Guide Resources.
To help you with your architecture job search, I've created a mega-pack of free resources that includes architecture resumes, cover letters, and an extensive collection of application documents. Click for a free download.
Thanks for reading, see also my posts on:
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C