For this post, I have put together a collection of the best belt sanders currently available.
The following belt sanders use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Belt Sanders.
1. Makita 9403 Belt Sander
- Makita 9403 Belt Sander features an extended base to allow flush sanding.
- 4" wide belt with a speed of 1,640 ft./min. makes for fast stock removal.
- 84 dB keeps the chatter down.
- Large front grip ensures operator comfort and control
- Easy lever control makes changing belts a snap.
- Replaceable ceramic wear plate keeps maintenance time to a minimum.
- Low profile provides solid balance and less gouging.
- Highly efficient dust collector, the grit stays contained.
- Double insulated.
2. Porter Cable 362V Belt Sander
- The Porter-Cable 4-Inch by 24-Inch Variable-Speed Belt Sander offers a powerful 12 amp motor.
- All-metal design for durability and powerful handling.
- Ideal for both professionals, this heavy-duty sander boasts a large capacity, swiveling dust collection bag.
- Belt-tracking knob for quick-and-easy belt adjustments,
- Variable speed dial for selecting speeds from 1,000 to 1,500 sfpm.
- Large-capacity dust bag swivels 360 degrees to stay out of your way
- Ergonomic handles for all-day comfort and control.
3. Craftsman 10A Belt Sander
- 10A 4X24 belt sander is ideal for aggressive sanding applications.
- Comes standard with a dust bag to help provide a cleaner work environment.
- Variable speed runs from 800-1,600 SFPMs to help you better control your accuracy and allows you to sand many types of materials.
- Great for removing lots of material, evening up door edges, preparing floors and much more.
- Aluminum belt-drive casing for maximum durablilty.
- \Vibra Shield grip design allows for much more comfort during any sanding project.
- Integrated vacuum adapter on the tool for quick and easy vacuuming after your project is complete.
4. Makita 9032 Belt Sander
- The Makita 9032 features a 4.4 AMP motor with electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load.
- The variable speed control dial allows the user to match the speed (980-5,600 ft./min.) to the application.
- Ease-of-use features include adjustable belt tracking with the turn of a knob.
- Adjustable sanding arm pivots 100 degrees for hard-to-reach places.
- Compact, lightweight (3.5 pounds) for sanding in confined areas.
- Three different size arm assemblies and belts available (1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch) for increased versatility.
- The Makita 9032 is engineered for detail work, including fine carpentry and furniture making.
5. Hitachi SB8V2 Belt Sander
- The Hitachi SB8V2 9-Amp Variable Speed Belt Sander features a powerful 9.0-Amp (1,020-Watt) motor for the toughest material removal applications.
- No-load speed of 820 to 1,475-feet per minute.
- Ideal for wood, steel and paint removal, the SB8V2's service life is 2-times longer than standard belt sanders thanks to a wear-resistant V-belt.
- Corner sanding is improved because the dust bag is now located on the left side of the tool and the main body is flush with the belt pulley on the right.
- Other upgraded features include a variable speed dial, clear front cover and soft elastomer covered grip on both the main and sub handles.
- A dust collection bag reduces airborne particles and keeps the work area clean.
6. WEN 6502 Belt Sander
- The WEN Belt Disc Sander easily sands, smooths and removes all of the jagged edges and splinters on your wood and lumber.
- 4.3 amp 1/2 HP motor, users should anticipate enough power to prevent this machine from bogging down under a large load.
- Changing the spacious 4-inch-by-36-inch belt is a breeze, so you'll have the power to switch and replace sand paper grits as needed without wasting any time.
- The belt also tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees to accommodate the needs of your particular workpiece.
- Heavy cast-iron base prevents vibrations.
- 6-inch sanding disc.
7. Porter Cable 352VS Belt Sander
- PORTER-CABLE 352VS 8 Amp 3-Inch-by-21-Inch Variable-Speed Belt Sander with Cloth Dust Bag
- Its variable speed dial enables the operator to custom the belt speed to the work from 850-1,300 SFPM, and the quick-release belt-change lever makes belt changes quick and easy.
- The unit is designed for flush sanding up to vertical surfaces on the open wheel side.
- An extra large dust bag swivels 360-degrees so it can be moved out of the way in tight quarters.
- 3-by-21-inch belt sander features an all-metal housing that gives the tool a solid feel, makes it tough to damage, and lets you sand effectively without having to press down.
- All-metal housing accounts for the centered placement of the belts.
- Remains rigid, even during heavy use, and the metal helps dissipate heat, keeping the belt relatively cool and in place.
- This quiet sander keeps the volume low thanks to PORTER CABLE'S gear system, which meshes more accurately, and to the sander's serpentine drive belt, which makes considerably less noise than a more common cog system.
8. SKIL 7510-01 Sandcat Belt Sander
- Pressure Control Technology warns user when excessive pressure is applied.
- Auto Track System keeps belt centered on track.
- Micro-filtration captures and contains fine dust particles
- Clear view dust canister removes guess work of when to empty canister.
- Single lever belt changes.
Sands any type of wood surface, micro filter dust canister helps keep work area clean, auto track belt alignment keeps belt centered, soft grip, flush edge sanding.
Lock-on on/off switch.
Attachment for shop vacuum controls dust as you sand.
9. Genesis GBS321A Belt Sander
- Genesis' 3 x 21-Inch Belt Sander, Model GBS321A, combines power and versatility with ease-of-use features and less noise for fast and efficient stock removal.
- Features a powerful 8.0 AMP motor with an electronic speed control to ensure constant speed under load.
- Variable speed control dial allows the user to match the speed (390-1,180 ft./min.) to the desired application.
- Auto-tracking belt system that tracks the belt without adjustment and an
- Adjustable front grip handle for comfortable operation and control.
- Low profile design provides incredible balance and allows you to get into tight spots and corners.
- Highly efficient dust collection bag to reduce dust in the work area.
10. Ryobi CordlessBelt Sander
- Ryobi introduces the new 18-Volt ONE+ Brushless Belt Sander a new and powerful addition to the 18-Volt ONE+ System.
- From the inside out, this tool is specifically designed to handle heavy-duty sanding applications.
- New brushless motor technology, this tool produces speeds of up to 850 FPM providing the user with true corded performance with cordless convenience.
- Low-profile design and a tool-free 5-position pommel handle, this sander is able to get into tight spaces while providing a more comfortable and customizable user experience.
- Tool-free belt tracking.
- Lock-on switch to maximize user control and convenience while you work.
I hope this list of the best belt sanders was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C