For this post, I have put together a collection of the best bench vises currently available.
The following bench vises use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Bench Vises.
1. Yost Tools 750-DI 5" Bench Vise
Multi-jaw bench vise with swivel base and head has top jaws, pipe jaws, and V-jaws to provide clamping action for heavy-duty applications.
- Vise head rotates 360 degrees with 12 locking positions to provide access to the three jaw sets and adjust them for proper placement
- 360-degree swivel base adjusts the direction of the jaws for proper placement and locks in place.
- Ductile iron body is durable and strong for extended life and has a flat portion that acts as an anvil and additional work surface.
- Three sets of replaceable hardened steel jaws are affixed to the vise:
- Parallel serrated top jaws.
- Serrated pipe jaws.
- Smooth V-jaws for round and flat stock.
- Pipe capacity: 0.125" to 3.5"
2. TEKTON 8" Bench Vise
The all-purpose medium duty TEKTON 8 in. Swivel Bench Vise is the benchtop work horse your garage or shop can't live without.
- Whether you are repairing vehicles, metalworking, or assembling parts, you can work better, faster and safer knowing it is properly secured.
- Made from 30,000 PSI cast iron for durability and dependability.
- Put your project in the sure grip of the replaceable non-slip serrated steel jaws.
- For forming and shaping metal pieces, the polished anvil offers a smooth, consistent work surface.
- Rotate the vise around its 120-degree swivel base and you can position your work in just the right spot.
- Turn the sliding T-bar handle and the jaw glides smoothly along the Acme-threaded main screw without binding or chattering, even as clamping pressure increases.
3. IRWIN Tools 5" Bench Vise
- IRWIN Tools Multi-Purpose Vise, 5-Inch.
- Incorporated anvil keeps vise steady while you work.
- Rotating pipe jaws.
- Fused steel handle for easy adjustment.
- Swivel base allows for 360-degree rotation.
- 5-inch multipurpose jaw width.
Securely hold and protect objects in your vise with these magnetic nylon pads.
4. Eclipse Quick Release Woodworking 9" Bench Vise
The Eclipse 9" Quick Release Vise features a front mounted lever which disengages the vise screw to permit rapid opening and closing of the vise, meaning that you can quickly adjust the opening of the vise to either release or clamp a piece you’re working on.
- Fitted with an adjustable front stop (dog) that gives additional clamping facility when used with a bench stop, to provide a normal vise and a tail vise in one tool.
- To increase safety, the fused tommy bar will bend before the vise can become over-stressed.
- Features heavy cast iron and steel construction.
- 10.24" maximum opening.
5. Capri Tools 10519 6"Bench Vise
Capri Tools 10519 Bench Vise is suited for all kinds of woodwork, pipe work, metalwork, sawing, drilling, and gluing applications.
- 9,000 lbs. of clamping force.
- Base and head that rotates 360 degrees for extra customization.
- Head can be locked in at 12 set points, each within 30 degrees.
- Base is easy to place and lock the jaws wherever needed.
- Heavy duty ductile iron (60,000 psi).
6. Yost Tools 445 4.5" Bench Vise
The Yost Vises Apprentice series utility combination pipe and bench vise has a 180-degree swivel base and mounts to a workbench to provide clamping action for light-duty applications.
- 180-degree swivel base adjusts the direction of the jaws for proper placement.
- Hand-tightening the lock knob on the base secures its position.
- Vise has a cast iron body with steel U-channel bar for durability.
- Flat portion that acts as an anvil and additional work surface.
- Hardened steel top jaws can be replaced when worn.
- Built-in cast iron pipe jaws are grooved for enhanced grip.
7. Rockler Heavy Duty Quick Release 9" Bench Vise
- Rockler Heavy Duty Vise is designed for custom workbenches.
- Quick-release mechanism engages with a 1/4 turn of the handle, letting you make major adjustments quickly.
- Extra-wide 9" wide handle-plate delivers maximum stability to handle any project.
- Includes a solid hardwood handle.
- 3/4" diameter steel guide rods keep jaws parallel, even when clamping narrow objects on one side of the vise.
- Handle plate arrives pre-drilled and ready to accept wooden jaws (not included).
- Mounts easily with 1/4" lag bolts (not included).
8. Wilton 11104 4" Bench Vise
- Made from high strength steel.
- Double lockdown swivel base
- Large anvil work surface.
- Grooved steel jaw inserts.
- 180 degree swivel.
- 4" jaw width.
9. Woodstock D4074 5" Bench Vise
- Jaws rotate 360 degrees for unlimited work piece positioning
- Holds flat stock as well as round stock with the built-in pipe jaws.
- Base swivels for greater versatility.
- Anvil face for multi-purpose use.
- Weighs 50 lbs.
10. Performance Tool W3904 5" Bench Vise
Performance Tool W3904 5" Quick Release Bench Vise.
- Save time and effort when positioning the moveable jaw.
- Pull the quick release lever and the movable jaw slides in and out with ease.
- 360 degree swivel base with 3 mounting holes and 2 lockdowns.
- Features steel replaceable pipe jaws for holding pipe or round stock.
- 7 in. Jaw Opening.
- 3 in. Throat Depth.
- Polished built-in anvil.
I hope this list of the best bench vises was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C