For this post, I have put together a collection of the best hard hats currently available.
The following hard hats use the latest innovative components to help ensure you do your best work while staying safe.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Hard Hats.
1. MSA 454666 Skullgard Hard Hat
- ANSI/CSA Type I Compliant, Protects from vertical impacts and penetrations.
- ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 (Class G) Compliant, provides dielectric protection up to 2,200 volts.
- Equipped with Staz-On suspension system which provides superior comfort and a semi-custom fit.
- Standard Size, Fits from 6 1⁄2" to 8".
- Available in three suspension options and two brim styles.
- Tested to radiant heat loads producing temperatures up to, but not exceeding, 350F.
2. KaiWorldShop FiberglassHard Hat
- Cool Air flow.
- Made of High-density Polyethylene HDPE Material.
- COMPLIES WITH ANSI / ISEA Z89.1-2014 TYPE I, CLASS C.
- Equipped with Fast-trac ratchet-style suspension for easy and fast size adjustment.
- Cool Air Flow /Full brim hat style will keep rain off the back of the neck.
- Fits SIZES: 20.47"-24.8".
3. Lift Safety HDF-15NG Hard Hat
- Stay safe on the work site wearing this Class G DAX Hard Hat, Natural (HDF-15NG).
- Fiber reinforced resin hard hat features a 6-point suspension system for superior comfort and impact protection.
- The Clarino synthetic leather comfort dome and an oversized ratcheting fitment dial makes adjustment easy even while wearing gloves.
- Features a moisture wicking foam backed microfiber liner which helps to reduce sweat build-up.
- Class G DAX Hard Hat, Natural (HDF-15NG).
Don't forget the other protective equipment.
4. HDPE Hydro Dipped Hard Hat
- Cool Air Flow /
- Full brim hat style
- Fast-trac ratchet-style suspension for quick size adjustment.
- ANSI Z89.1 2014
- Superior quality comfort and protection.
- TYPE 1, CLASS C.
- Meets all requirements for Type 1 top impact helmet.
5. Ridgeline Full Brim Hard Hat
- Constructed from ABS material.
- Strong, yet ultra-light for seemingly weightless protection.
- Ratchet suspension is easy to adjust and allows the wearer to modify the fit while wearing hard hat.
- Replaceable soft brow pad, suspensions and headbands also available.
- 4-Point suspensions can be converted to a 6-point suspension with the HP6PTSUS.
- Meets ANSI Z89.1-2009 standards, type 1, Class C, G, and E.
6. Amston Vented Hard Hat
- ANSI Z89.1 approved.
- Durable and affordable hard hat meets osha / ansi Z89.1-2009 standards.
- Simple multipoint adjustment allows you to quickly find the right fit for your head shape.
- Soft cloth suspension "X" straps for a comfortable fit.
- Vented top keeps head cool while working.
- Visor has gripped brim underside for easily removing helmet while wearing gloves.
- Washable sweatband keeps perspiration from dripping on to face while working.
- Includes optional and easily removable chin strap..
7. Evolution Deluxe Hard Hat
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) shell.
- Includes a 6-Point suspension system with polyester textile straps.
- Chamlon sweatband has an Egyptian cotton core with Porous PU coating for maximum sweat absorption.
- PH neutral and dermatologically tested.
- The full brim provides additional protection to the beck and ears against sun, glare, rain, snow and falling debris.
- It also comes with a wheel ratchet which is the new easy way to create a firm comfort fit.
8. Pyramex Full Brim Hard Hat
- Lightweight shell constructed from high density Polyethylene.
- Ratchet suspension is easy to adjust and allows the wearer to easily modify the fit while wearing hard hat.
- Full brim around helmet protects wearer from sun and rain.
- Mounting point for chinstrap (not included)
- Great for industrial, electrical, utility and energy applications.
- Meets ANSI Z89.1 Type 1 Class C, G and E.
9. Roughneck Fiberglass Hard Hat
- ANSI type 1 hard hat.
- Cap class C and G.
- 8-point super eight suspension provides added comfort and impact protection.
- Solid color resin provides a permanent, no-chip and no-peel finish.
- Eight times stronger than common high density polyethylene cap shells.
10. Pyramex Cap Style Hard Hat
- Shell constructed from high density polyethylene materials.
- Low profile design.
- Rain trough on side and back of helmet to channel moisture away.
- Ratchet suspension is easy to adjust and allows the wearer to modify the fit while wearing.
- Snap lock suspension features "tuck away" adjustments for all day, hassle free wear.
- Universal accessory slots fit cap mounted ear muffs and accessories.
- Can accommodate chin straps.
I hope this list of the best hard hats was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C