The 10 Best Measuring Wheels
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best measuring wheels currently available.
Perfect for construction, appraisals, law enforcement, landscaping, remodels, and any project requiring accurate long distance measurements, measuring wheels are versatile enough to use on a variety of indoor and outdoor projects.
Measurements are precise and clearly displayed in either U.S. or metric units in feet, inches, hundredths and centimeters. This is very convenient if you need to calculate mixed measurements for one particular project.
For example, you can determine the square footage of the flooring needed for a room and also determine the centimeters of pipe that will run the length of the same floor.
The tools typically have digital LCD digital screens with backlight that makes it easy to read, while others have analog readouts.
Some wheels feature a brake and kickstand so you can while prop it up in any location when it's not in use. Also, most handles collapse for easy transport and storage.
The following measuring wheels use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Measuring Wheels.
1. Calculated Industries 6575 Measuring Wheel
- Measures in standard US or Metric up to 9,999,999 feet, meters, yards or inches with 99.5% accuracy.
- Rolls to accurately find length, width, height/depth, square areas, cubic volumes, perimeters and circular calculations.
- Center-line design for balance and stability, top-mounted controls with backlit display eliminates stooping, bending or squinting.
- Just the most-needed features required by estimators, surveyors, crime scene and all other measuring professionals.
- Easy intuitive operation.
- Reinforced handle, protective bumpers, sturdy metal shaft.
- Heavy duty 12.5 inch diameter wheel and sealed gear-driven for jobsite durability.
2. Keson MP401E Measuring Wheel
- Steel frame with swan-Neck ergonomic handle grip ensures less wrist strain and better control.
- Magnetic pick-up prevents dust, dirt and other particles that can disrupt light beam.
- Easy to read digital counter is in the most protected spot on the wheel, with the handle up, it won't come into contact with the ground.
- When the handle is down, the roll bar offers solid protection.
- Display backlit 7 digit LCD display for low-light usage;
- Up to 99,999 ft., 11 in. or 99,999.9 in tenths and metric.
- Sealed counter encasement meets NEMA Class II standards.
- Housing will not be damaged by rain.
3. DuraWheel DW-PRO Measuring Wheel
- Ergonomically designed pistol grip with convenient brake and counter-clear controls at your finger tips.
- Counter-clear button is located at the counter head, which means you have a button down low, and a button up at the handle that will reset the counter back to zero.
- Unique folding handle design offers compact storage.
- Once folded, the unit can be carried by the built-in carrying handle.
- Smooth counter operation via lifetime timing belt drive.
- Design isolates counter from surface vibration.
- Wide footprint and stable design of this sturdy, stow-able, spring-loaded stand.
- Kickstand frees up your hands to make notes.
4. Keson MP401 Measuring Wheel
- Sturdy and reliable counter with wheels designed specifically to protect this most valuable component.
- Rugged 3/4 in. steel tubing, tough enough to handle any terrain.
- Barrel clamp locks the handle upright, releases quickly for storage.
- Durable 3/8 inch wheel rubber, preserves the integrity of the wheel's shape over time.
- Superior counter protection and placement, the scraper and metal shelf keep dirt and debris from coming into contact with the critical counter.
5. Keson RR410 Road Runner Measuring Wheel
- It's easy to measure curved, horizontal and asymmetrical surfaces.
- Weighs less than 2 pounds.
- Measures 9,999 feet, 11 inches (or 9/10ths of a foot with engineers' models) without resetting.
- Three-section handle telescopes up to 38 inches so you can measure without bending down.
- Handle telescopes down to just 17 inches to fit into a toolbox or a standard briefcase.
6. Calculated Industries 6540 Measuring Wheel
- Balanced center-line design reduces fatigue and is easier to keep on a straight line especially on rough surfaces.
- Large display is placed above the wheel for quick reading in feet-inches up to 9999 feet - 11 inches.
- Counter can be easily reset with your thumb atop the ergonomically designed pistol grip, or by using your foot down at the counter.
- A steel flip-down kickstand conveniently holds the wheel in place while you take notes.
- When finished measuring, the sturdy handle unlocks and folds in half to a compact 19" height for compact storage.
- An integrated carrying handle with rubber grip provides an easy and comfortable way to carry.
- A 3-inch reflective panel at top of shaft increases user visibility and safety in low light situations.
7. Keson RRT12 Measuring Wheel
- Counter reset on the handle and on the unit housing.
- Reset on the housing is reinforced to protect it when resetting the counter with your foot.
- Center line handle design with counter balance of top of the wheel aligns for perfect balance.
- Compact fold down allows the wheel to easily reduce to 1/2 its size for storage and portability.
- The flip down kickstand keeps the wheel upright when you need your hands free to perform other tasks and stays out of the way as you measure.
- Gear and shaft transmission for highest measurement accuracy and strength.
8. Rolatape RT312 Measuring Wheel
- Light weight and durable aluminum wheel with precision molded tire over aluminum spokes.
- Pistol grip for maximum comfort during use.
- Telescopic aluminum handle lightweight and collapsible for easy storage.
- Heavy-duty construction for durability and long life.
- Kick stand included.
9. AdirPro Digital Measuring Wheel
- Handle features a large, digital LCD screen with backlight for easy viewing and the memory can store and recall up to five values.
- Telescoping handle that is extendable up to 44 inches and collapses to 27 inches for easy carrying and storage in the included soft carrying case.
- Measures in units of tenths of feet or meters.
- Lightweight and ergonomic, making it portable and easy to use.
- Cordless operation for up to 30 hours.
- Features an auto shut-off when not being used to preserve the life of the batteries.
10. TR Industrial 88016 Measuring Wheel
- Easy to measure distance up to 9,999 feet in a variety of work environments.
- Portable with 1-foot diameter wheel and a handle that is 2 ft. 9 in.
- Collapsible to about 1 ft. and 4 in.
- Handy reset button, kickstand, and carrying bag.
- Includes an ergonomic grip on the handle.
- Smooth wheels for easy rolling.
- Heavy duty for long-term durability.
I hope this list of the best measuring wheels was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C