For this post, I have put together a collection of the best tape measures currently available.
A durable, reliable tape measure is an essential tool for any professional or DIY'er.
The following tape measures use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Tape Measures.
1. Stanley 25' Powerlock Tape Measure
- The Stanley Powerlock 25-Foot by 1-Inch Measuring Tape is a classic, and for good reason.
- Standard features include a lockable blade for precise measurements and minimal slippage, a belt hook for easy access, a 1-inch wide blade for easy reading, and 16-inch and 19.2-inch stud center markings.
- Plus, Stanley has added a heat-treated spring to increase the tape's lifespan.
- Blade is coated with mylar to help it stand up to abrasion associated with repeated use.
- Patented Tru-Zero hook doubles as a pivot for drawing circles and arcs, and it automatically adjusts to handle inside or outside measurements.
2. Kutir 25' Tape Measure
- Both inch and metric tape measure.
- Sturdy matte blade measuring 0.15mm thick stand out till 7 ft, this 25 foot tape measure is strong and durable.
- Casing of our retractable measuring tape is made out of a top grade rubberized material that is conveniently shock-absorbent.
- End of the measuring tape is outfitted with a powerful magnet, helping you to get a proper measurement.
- Simply attach the end of the ruler to any metal surface to keep it in place while you get the measurements you need.
- Bold easy to read large numbers, that provides accurate measurements for carpenters, builders, hobbyists and more.
3. Komelon 25' Tape Measure
- An evolution of the original Komelon Gripper and its design, now with the Speed Mark fractional graduations.
- Blade on the Gripper Speed Mark is acrylic coated.
- Includes fractional graduations printed on the blade making it quick and easy to read.
- Easy grip, thick rubber jacket surrounding its ergonomic compact case.
4. Magnelex 33' Tape Measure
- Supurb magnelex solidrule tape measure 33-foot (10m) will make all your projects go far easier. We started by making this tape much more reliable and durable.
- 2-in-1 inch and metric tape measure.
- Ergonomic design insures this tape measure is easy to grip, easy to hold, and non-slip in wet conditions.
- The highly durable ABS case is covered in rubber, protecting the inner mechanism, the tape, and the overall construction.
- Very smooth, reliable tape for both extension and retraction.
- The blade is nylon coated on both sides to give you a tape that won't break, crack, or split.
- Strong stop button keeps this tape from slipping while you make your markings.
- Easily lock the blade with one hand.
- Functional, sturdy belt clip and strong wrist strap.
5. QuickDraw 25' Tape Measure
- Built in pencil: Quickdraw is the first tape measure with a built in graphite dispensing wheel.
- Easy and accurate: quickly make your mark with pinpoint accuracy.
- Rugged nylon coating.
- 9+ feet of standout.
- Durabile and a strong recoil every time.
6. Komelon 25' Tape Measure
- The Self Lock Series features a unique self locking mechanism that allows the blade to extend smoothly.
- Push button release that insures complete control when retracting the blade.
- The series also provides an impact resistant rubberized case and a nylon coated blade for maximum durability.
7. Stanley FatMax 25' Tape Measure
- The Stanley 25-Foot FatMax Tape Measure is reinforced on the first three feet with BladeArmor coating for maximum durability.
- A Mylar polyester film extends the life of the entire blade.
- Cushion grip built into the case for a non-slip grip and impact resistance.
- A top forward blade lock design makes it easier to lock and unlock the blade.
- Heavy, heat-treated spring provides long life and smooth blade recoil.
- The tape blade measures 25-feet-by-1-1/4-inch with a 11-foot tape standout.
- Bright yellow, easy-to-read blade has 16-inch and 19.2-inch stud center markings.
8. eTape 16' Digital Tape Measure
- eTape16 digital tape measure revolutionizes not only the tape measure but also expands its utility.
- Large digital display provides easy reading while the advanced features are readily accessible.
- Features include:
- Three memories.
- US or Metric units.
- Centerline calculation.
- Inside/Outside measurements.
- In addition to its advanced features, the eTape16 incorporates a sleek modern design.
- Made of poly carbonate plastic, the eTape16 is made to last in the most rugged of environments.
9. Lufkin 25' Tape Measure
- World class test and measurement manufacturer Lufkin brings you the new Black Widow 25' tape measure.
- 1-3/16” dual sided black blade.
- Consecutive inches to 16ths on both sides.
- Vertical read out on back of blade with horizontal on front, a 10 foot standout for longer reach and efficient measuring, reversed color blade for improved legibility in low light conditions.
- Hi-Viz Green marking for excellent contrast.
- Matte Nylon blade coating in conjunction with black blade offer reduced glare in outdoor applications dual
- End-Hook grips on all sides makes marking and measuring easier rugged rubber over mold housing for increased impact-resistance.
10. Swanson Tool 25' Tape Measure
- The Magnetic Savage Proscribe tape measure from Swanson Tool features a patented innovative, retractable scribe guide and centering pin to help measure and mark to cut lengths and radiuses.
- Patented Proscribe integrates several valuable marking functions, including the compass-like ability to measure and scribe circles, as well as the chalk-line-accuracy to measure and mark/score straight lines.
- Retractable 1-1/2" rigid scribe guide allows contractors to transfer a specific measurement by sliding the guide along the edge of a board or drywall sheet, while the reinforced tip is used to mark the work piece.
- Users can also easily position a case knife or carpenter's pencil against the tape's metal tip to cut, score or mark the desired width.
- The tape's heavy-duty metal tip also helps draw forward the scribe-guide element (when unlatched) through two magnets mounted to the innovative guide.
- Clearly marked every 1/8" from the 1' mark and up, the wide blade marks off feet, as well as Inch.
- Available in 16' and 25' versions.
I hope this list of the best tape measure was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C