The 10 Best Mechanical Pencils For Writing
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best mechanical pencils for writing currently available.
A quality pencil needs to be comfortable even after writing for long periods. The following mechanical pencils will help you meet your needs and ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Mechanical Pencils For Writing.
1. rOtring Rapid PRO Mechanical Pencil
- This long-lasting, smooth, and precise retractable mechanical pencil is a perfect professional tool for writing, sketching and drawing.
- The sliding sleeve and cushioned lead mechanism provide high level of break resistance and outstanding writing and doodling comfort.
- A unique push mechanism give you controlled lead transportation.
- Built-in sharpener under the push-button cap.
2. LAMY 7 mm 2000 Mechanical Pencil
- Pocket-safe conical tip.
- Long, replaceable eraser with an attached clean-out rod for clearing lead jams.
- Lead size indicator printed on the top of the push button.
- Accepts standard 0.7mm leads, and Lamy Z10 eraser.
- Brushed Makrolon resin barrel.
- Brushed stainless steel trims and articulated clip.
3. Pentel Kerry Mechanical Pencil
Hand-crafted with watchmaker's tools for precision, beauty and accuracy.
Elegantly sized to fit comfortably in pockets and purses.
Removable cap provides proper balance while writing and protects writing point when pencil is not in use.
Refillable with Hi-Polymer® Lead and Z2-1N refill eraser.
4. Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Mechanical Pencil
GraphGear features a 4mm tip design for rulers and templates.
Dual-action retractor protects lead. Built-in lead hardness indicator.
Metallic grip with soft, latex-free pads.
4mm tip design makes it ideal for use with rulers and templates.
Solid design and weighted at your fingertips for precise drafting and professional work.
Pre-loaded with Pentel Super Hi-Polymer HB Lead. Industry leading lead that never needs sharpening, super strong, and produces a clear dark line.
5. Uni Mechanical Pencil
- Features a patented twist and turn lead mechanism that resists breakage.
- Maintains a continuous sharp point and is perfect for intricate writing tasks.
- 0.5 mm lead writes crisp, precise lines
6. Pentel GraphGear 500 Mechanical Pencil
Features a 4mm fixed sleeve for detailed writing and technical drawings.
Metallic-mesh grip delivers precision and control.
Has a top click, stationary eraser and tip.
Refillable with Pentel Super Hi-Polymer Lead and Z21 refill eraser.
7. Pentel Sharp Kerry Mechanical Pencil
Handcrafted with watchmaker's tools for precision, beauty and accuracy.
Capped for ultimate pocket and purse protection.
Elegantly sized to fit comfortably anywhere.
Pre-loaded with Pentel replaceable Z23-1 eraser refill.
8. Zebra M-701 Mechanical Pencil
Zebra's Steel line offers a collection of remarkable writing instruments that are a significant upgrade from everyday plastic pens.
Heavy-duty stainless steel barrel with a knurled grip that ensures superior writing stability.
Rugged and sturdy, this steel grip mechanical pencil can take a beating and is designed for the serious communicator looking to embody their personal style in their writing instrument.
9. Jimmidda Mechanical Pencil
Metal threaded and anti-skid design to help you do your best writing.
Available in 0.5 mm and 0.7 mm lead sizes.
10. Pilot Dr. Grip Limited Mechanical Pencil
- Luxurious painted metallic barrel.
- Ergonomic cushion grip alleviates fatigue.
- Single pencil with platinum metallic barrel.
- Commended for ease-of-use by the Arthritis Foundation.
I hope this list of the best mechanical pencils for writing was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C