The 10 Best Propane Heaters
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best propane heaters currently available.
I have included a range of sizes and types so you can find the best heater for your specific needs.
The following propane heaters use the latest innovative components to make sure you stay comfortable.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Propane Heaters.
1. 4,000-9,000 BTU Indoor-Safe Propane Heater
- 4,000-9,000 BTU Liquid Propane heater connects directly to a 1 lb. cylinder.
- Perfect solution for heating enclosed spaces like large tents up to 200 sq. ft.
- The expertly engineered size to BTU ratio is augmented with a fold down handle to give this heater maximum output while retaining a minimalistic footprint.
- A swivel regulator gives you the ability to adapt usage from a disposable cylinder to a remote gas supply with the purchase of a hose and filter.
- To light the unit:
- Rotate the knob to pilot and push.
- Integrated Piezo sparking mechanism will take care of the rest.
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) and accidental tip-over safety shut-off you can be sure that you will enjoy years of comfortable indoor safe heat.
2. 60,000 BTU Forced Air Propane Heater
- Variable 30,000-60,000 BTU output Propane Forced-air Heater.
- Rugged Propane Heater is built for the jobsite.
- Just hook up to your propane tank, plug in to any 110VAC outlet and you've got reliable, steady heat for hours.
- Heats up to 1,250 sq. ft..
- Runs on a 20-lb. propane tank.
- 14-hr. max. runtime on full tank.
- High temperature limit switch.
- QBT technology makes this Heater 50% quieter than a standard propane heater.
- Rugged and durable steel construction.
- Economical, efficient and clean burning.
- Heavy-duty high output fan.
- Continuous ignition.
- 10' hose and regulator included.
3. 46,000 BTU Patio Propane Heater
- Take full advantage of that well-loved outdoor living space, from one season to the next, with help from this commercial patio heater.
- For secure placement and enhanced stability, the patio heater provides a base reservoir system, which can easily be filled with either water or sand, creating a low, heavy, and steady base weight.
- Requires a standard 20-pound LP gas cylinder (not included).
- Then all it takes to light the heater is a simple push of the button thanks to its user-friendly, one-step, Piezo ignition system.
- A large variable-heat control knob allows for low or high heat settings and for turning the heater completely off at the end of the night.
- For enhanced safety and peace of mind, the heater also features a shut-off tilt valve that turns the heater off automatically if it gets tipped over.
- Range of up to 18 feet in diameter.
- Durable steel construction with a powder-coated bronze finish.
4. 30,000 - 45,000 BTU Tank Top Propane Heater
- This radiant 30,000 - 45,000 BTU Liquid Propane Tank
- Top heater is the perfect solution for a variety of outdoor heating applications.
- Features a 360 degree burner that can also be pivoted to focus heat an additional 180 degrees.
- Constructed with high quality components to bring you reliable heat on the go.
- Adjustable high-medium-low regulator.
- Easy to use and quick to set up.
- Features a safety shut off and tip over safety shut off for safe operation.
5. 3800-BTU Indoor-Safe Propane Heater
- Two heat settings: 4,000 & 9,000 BTU/HR.
- Fold-down handle reduces storage space.
- Four position control with built-in Piezo igniter off and lo/hi heat settings.
- High temperature wire guard.
- Swivel regulator for easy LP cylinder and hose installation.
- Large durable porcelain coated heating surface directs radiant heat over wider area.
- Low-oxygen safety shut-off (ODS) and tip-over safety shut-off.
- Ceramic burner tile mounted with shock absorbing insulation for durability and easy replacement.
6. 30,000 BTU Vent Free Propane Heater
- 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane Vent Free heater is the perfect supplemental heating solution even on the coldest days.
- Conveniently equipped with a thermostat for superior control of the temperature in your space.
- Also, with a battery powered electronic ignition, starting it is a breeze - battery included.
- Can be permanently mounted to the wall or securely fastened to the floor with included mounting brackets and fasteners.
- A clean burning blue flame tube burner uses the natural convection of the burn to circulate warm comfortable air.
- Factory standard Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS), rest assured this heater will provide you with years of comfortable and safe heat.
7. 2,890 BTU Texsport Propane Heater
- Durable stainless steel burner.
- Safety valve shuts off fuel if flame goes out.
- Large paddle foot plastic base for greater stability.
- Aluminum reflector with safety grid.
- Uses standard size one pound disposable propane tanks.
- Finished in stainless steel with copper hardware.
- Wattage: 847 Watts.
8. 10,000 - 45,000 BTU Propane Heater
- 10,000 to 45,000 BTUs per hour
- Great for the campsite, garage, or construction site.
- High-quality chrome and stainless steel components.
- 3 modes: high, medium, and low.
- Three tip-over safety shutoffs.
- Operate 1 to 3 burners for multiple heat output combinations.
- Match-lit ignition.
- Adjustable swivel head design.
- Mounts on a 20 to 100-lb. propane cylinder (not included).
- Polished chrome reflectors.
- Outdoor use only.
9. 18,000 BTU Cabinet Propane Heater
- 18,000 BTU Cabinet Heater delivers outstanding heating performance, reliability, and durability.
- 3 Heat Settings
- Heats up to 600 ft. Radius
- Features an easy Push Button Piezo Ignition.
- Includes an ODS (Oxygen Depletion Sensor), that shuts off the heater, if the oxygen level drops below a safe level.
- Wheels allow you to easily move the heater wherever you need it.
- Locking casters ensure that it stays in place.
- Safe for Indoor Use
- 20 LB. Propane (LP) Cylinder Required for Operation - (Not Included)
10. Dura Heat TT-360 Propane Heater
- 360° of instant radiant, infrared heat in a small and portable design.
- Quick connect P.O.L. tank connection.
- Operates up to 14 hours on a 20 lb. propane(LP) tank.
- High efficiency stainless steel heat reflector.
- Rust resistant chrome emitter guard.
- Accidental shut-off.
- Match light ignition.
- Outdoor/Construction Use only-Heating Area: up to 1,000 sq ft.
- Match light/Tip-over Safety Shut off.
I hope this list of the best propane heaters was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C