For this post, I have put together a collection of the best heat guns currently available.
A heat gun is a device used to emit a stream of hot air, usually at temperatures between 100 °C and 550 °C (200-1000 °F), with some hotter models running around 760 °C (1400 °F), which can be held by hand.
Different types of heat guns operate at different temperatures and airflows which can be used to strip paint, shrink heat shrink tubing, shrink film, dry out damp wood, bend and weld plastic, soften adhesives, and even thaw frozen pipes.
The following best heat gun use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Heat Guns.
1. DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun
Compact and lightweight with a large temperature range, the corded DEWALT D26950 Heat Gun is designed for powerful, safe operation in a variety of applications.
- Offers a variable temperature control for getting the heat just right for your application.
- Heats up to between 120 and 1100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Controlled by a large temperature control knob on the rear of the unit.
- Built-in overload protection shuts the heating element down and prevents burn up.
- Comes with a built-in kickstand and a 10-foot power cord.
- Weighs 2.1 pounds.
2. TR Industrial 89200 Heat Gun
- Dual fan speed options:
- Setting I: 122-842°F
- Setting II: 194-1112°F
- Includes a variable temperature knob.
- Two fan speed settings.
- Built-in stand allows you to stand the heat gun up and operate it hands-free.
- Set includes five nozzle attachments
- Includes a case for easy portability.
3. URBEST Heat Gun
- Heats up to 650℃ in 3-5 seconds, to decrease the waiting time.
- LCD display can show the specific temperature and air speed.
- Adjust the temperature and speed through the buttons to meet your different needs.
- Power-on memory function shows the original temperature you set before.
- Power-off delay function turns off automatically after 20-30 seconds.
- Temperature control from 50-650 degrees.
4. Tacklife HGP73AC Heat Gun
- Tacklife HGP73AC is a professional electric heat gun that can work for about 500 hours continuously at its highest temperature.
- Adjustable temperature settings controlled with the adjustment dial.
- With temp-adjustment dial, you can precisely adjust the heating temperature just by rotating the dial.
- Four nozzle attachments:
- Spoon reflector nozzle.
- Cone nozzle.
- Fish tail surface nozzle.
- BBQ lighter.
- The built-in overheating protection design makes your heat gun safer, and more reliable.
- Durable materials and ergonomic grip provides greater comfort for long hours of use.
5. ProTect Heat Gun
- 1,500-watt heat gun performs numerous projects around the house or shop.
- General purpose heat gun suitable for a majority of heating applications.
- Features two temperature settings for a wide variety of applications.
- A lower 750-degree F setting is great for thawing pipes slowly, defrosting freezers and more.
- 1,000-degree setting strips paint from furniture, loosens rusted bolts and nuts, and makes it easy to shape plastic piping for plumbing, etc.
- Simply plug the gun into any household outlet, turn it on, and select the appropriate temperature.
6. SEEKONE Heat Gun
- Two modes:
- I: 50-450℃, 190-210L/min
- II: 50-650℃, 250-500L/min
- Dial provides rheostat-type heating.
- High / low switch on its handle provides air flow control.
- Temperature range from 120℉ to 1200℉.
- Overload protector to avoid damage your heat gun and circuit.
- Includes four accessory nozzles:
- Deflector nozzle directs a long, narrow heat pattern to the work surface.
- Two concentrator nozzles direct a concentrated heat flow to the work surface.
- Reflector nozzle disperses heat flow evenly around the whole work surface.
7. Wagner 0503059 Heat Gun
- Two temperature settings ranging from 750°F to 1100°F.
- Ergonomic design for comfort and balance to reduce fatigue.
- Side bars prevent the hot nozzle from touching the work surface.
- Integrated stand for safe hands-free operation.
- Hanging loop for safe storage during cool-down.
8. Genesis GHG1500A Heat Gun
- Powerful 12.5 Amp Motor Delivers Heat with 1500 and 750 Watt settings.
- Integrated stand for convenient hands-free use.
- Simply stand the unit up on the back side with the exhaust end pointed upward to cool or as a heat gun stand while you heat shrink wire insulators.
- Two deflector nozzles, reflector nozzle, and air reduction nozzle are included.
9. Wagner 0503038 Heat Gun
- The HT400 Precision Heat Tool is a versatile tool for home, shop and hobby projects.
- Small size is ideal for getting into hard to reach places and working on delicate projects related to crafting and electronics.
- Simple design has one temperature setting of 650ºF.
- Integrated stand for hands-free work.
10. BLACK+DECKER HG1300 Heat Gun
- The Black & Decker HG1300 Dual Temperature Heat Gun has two temperature settings (750 Degrees and 1000 Degrees) for a variety of applications.
- Can be used for stripping paint and varnish, loosening rusted nuts and bolts, thaw frozen pipes, or quick dry most anything.
- Built-in stand for easy cool down and a lightweight and compact design for ease of use and handling.
I hope this list of the best heat guns was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C