For this post, I have put together a collection of the best jobsite radios currently available.
The following jobsite radios will help to make your workday fly by. These radios use durable and long-lasting components that will stand up to the rigors of the site.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Jobsite Radios.
1. DEWALT DCR018 Compact Jobsite Radio
- Small, lightweight, versatile, and portable radio for quick and convenient use on and off the jobsite.
- Can be powered by 18V NiCad, 18V lithium-ion, 12V MAX, or 20V MAX DEWALT batteries, making it compatible with DEWALT's largest systems of batteries.
- Powered by AC power when preferred, providing flexibility on the jobsite, and includes an integrated cord wrap for easy storage.
- Features include a digital tuner, bright backlit LCD display with clock, and five AM/FM presets.
- Built-in device storage box protects electronic devices from dust and debris and houses USB power and auxiliary ports.
- USB-compatible devices can be charged via USB when the radio is plugged into a wall outlet, and the auxiliary port allows for connection to digital audio devices.
- The 360-degree roll cage with hanging cut outs provides durability and versatility.
2. DEWALT DCR015 Jobsite Radio
- Dual-function tool provides quick and efficient lithium-ion battery charging, and a radio/MP3-plug-in function.
- When plugged in, the charger/radio charges 12V MAX and 20V MAX DEWALT battery packs.
- Runs on the same DEWALT batteries if no outlet is available.
- Two AC outlets allow the radio to serve as a pass-through plug.
- Full range woofers and tweeters, a class D amplifier offering improved sound and longer run-time, and weather resistant speakers.
- Charging light bar to indicate charging status and a convenient high-visibility green LCD display.
- Roll cage offers protection and durability with hanging loops that allow for easy carrying.
- Weighs a very portable 13 pounds.
3. Bosch Bluetooth Jobsite Radio
- Bluetooth technology to connect to the user's smart device (with a range of up to 150-feet) and stream Internet radio and stored music.
- Portable, high-performance, weather-resistant entertainment system delivers 360 degree enriched stereo sound.
- Four-way speakers and a subwoofer provide outstanding sound quality in all directions.
- Durable, with an aluminum/rubber roll cage and a weather-resistant design.
- The portable radio features a powered USB port.
- The Bosch Power Box can be powered by Bosch 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries or plugging into a 120-Volt outlet.
- Built-in battery charger will charge the user's Lithium-Ion batteries.
- The PB360C also features four 120-Volt power outlets for connecting tools or other devices.
4. DEWALT DC012 Jobsite Radio
- Dual-Purpose Tool charges battery and functions as a radio.
- While plugged in, the charger/radio is a one-hour charger for all 7.2- to 18-volt DEWALT battery packs.
- Also runs off of the same 7.2 to 18-volt DEWALT batteries if no outlet is available.
- Three-Stage Charging System for maximum run time and battery life.
- To keep users working without interruption, the DC012 has a three-stage charging system that provides maximum run time and extends the overall life of the battery.
- Power outlets offer more versatility for job-site power.
- AM/FM Tuner with LCD and Maximum Bass and Range for Quality Sound.
- The DC012 includes an AM/FM Digital Tuner with LCD display, built-in clock, and 15 station memory presets.
- The high-efficiency, weather-resistant speakers with dual bass ports deliver maximum bass and range, so users enjoy high-quality sound, even on loud job sites.
5. Milwaukee M12 Jobsite Radio
- The M12 radio is the first job site radio with an exclusive digital tuner.
- Delivers highest reception accuracy and signal clarity for both AM and FM bands.
- iPod and MP3 compatible.
- M12 radio is equipped with premium weatherproof aluminum speakers.
- Contains a weather sealed MP3 compartment.
6. DEWALT DCR006 Bluetooth Speaker
- 12-Volt/20-Volt 4.0 Bluetooth Speaker.
- Rugged and rechargeable speaker is specifically designed for life on the jobsite.
- Compact size for improved portability and storage.
- Up To 100ft range.
- Rubber molded feet.
7. Bosch PB180 Jobsite Radio
- 18-volt compact radio weighing 4.1 lbs.
- Two 5-Watt high performance neodymium speakers.
- Two days of run time when using a 4.0Ah battery.
- External AUX port allowing connectivity to digital media players.
- High strength shock-absorbing housing and handles.
- 10 preset AM/FM stations.
- AC/DC power compatibility.
8. Sangean LB-100 Compact Jobsite Radio
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor work.
- Flexible pivoting antenna and digital PLL tuner for better reception.
- AM/FM digital tuner with a large backlit LCD display to ensure excellent visibility.
- Durable ABS plastic construction.
- 5 easy touch memory presets for each of your favorite AM/FM stations.
- Rugged design that resists water, dust and shock, perfect for outdoor job site conditions.
- 5 inch water resistant speakers with high-quality full-range sound.
9. Makita XRM02W Jobsite Radio
- Compact, durable, and compatible with iPod and MP3 players.
- Delivers rich stereo sound from two powerful 3" side-firing speakers.
- Runs up to 19 hours on a single charge of the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah battery.
- Can also be run with Makita 18V 2.0Ah and 4.0Ah batteries, as well as with the AC adapter.
10. Ridgid R84087 GEN5X Jobsite Radio
- Control the radio remotely through the Ridgid radio app using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- USB charging and aux in connection for charging your devices or smartphone on the jobsite.
- MP3 player compatible.
- Dual power supply powered by any Ridgid 18V battery or attached AC cord.
- On-board phone and MP3 storage side compartment with integrated USB port.
- Weather resistant protects radio from jobsite conditions.
I hope this list of the best jobsite radios was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C