For this post, I have put together a collection of the best pruning shears currently available.
The following pruning shears use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Pruning Shears.
1. Gardenite Power DrivePruning Shears
The ratcheting mechanism's settings multiply your hand's power, so that you don't have to do the work - the pruning shears do it for you.
Slice through much thicker branches than conventional pruners, and they're very easy on your hands.
The extra power of the ratchet action makes these pruners ideal for heavy jobs.
Anvil pruners have one sharp blade normally the top blade and a flat, non-cutting blade, or "anvil" at the bottom.
When you squeeze the handle, the sharp top cutting blade is brought down on the branch you're cutting, and the anvil holds that branch in place so that the cut can be completed.
As you cut through a branch, the ratcheting mechanism clicks and moves to the next setting, providing ever-increasing pressure as you cut.
2. Doolini Nature Professional Pruning Shears
- 8” blade is made of CNC high quality Japanese SK-5 Carbon Steel.
- Titanium coated for corrosion resistance and toughness
- Precision-sharpened, machine ground, curved bypass blade with protective anodized finish.
- Drop forged for strength and durability 0.8” cutting capacity
- Ergonomic pruning shears feature comfort anti-slip grip (fits both small hands and large hands).
- ightweight aluminum handle with protective anodized finish Easy-to-use safety locking mechanism.
- Available in metallic blue or rose gold.
3. Fiskars Pruning Shears
- Cambered, beveled blade is made of non-stick high carbon steel so it cuts smoothly and easily.
- Shears feature an ambidextrous lock, sap groove, enclosed spring, and dual layer comfort grips.
- Ideal for cutting stems and light branches.
- Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use.
- Low-friction coating helps blade glide through wood, prevents the blades from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blades resist rust.
- Maximum cutting capacity: 5/8 inch diamater
4. Truly Garden Pruning Shears
- Truly Garden Bypass Pruning Shears are a heavy-duty garden tool ideal for cutting up to 3/4-inch thick branches and flowers.
- Can also be used as flower cutter, wood cutting scissors or garden trimmer.
- Made of quality blade coated with titanium to protect from rust with aluminum handle.
- Designed and coated to have a comfortable grip that allows you to be in control.
- Comes with a genuine leather sheath for safety.
- The leather case attaches to your belt so you can carry it safely with your hands free.
5. Fiskars Professional Pruning Shears
- The Fiskars professional bypass pruning shears are an ideal choice for all kinds of pruning tasks.
- Features adjustable blade tension that gives the user increased control over desired cutting force and precision.
- Replaceable stainless steel blade can cut branches up to 1 inch in diameter.
- Features an integrated sap groove to keep the cutting action smooth and stick-free all-season long.
- The bypass blade provides a cleaner cut for living, green growth, and the ambidextrous handle design allows for comfortable left or right-handed use.
- Ideal choice for personal or professional use.
6. Corona ClassicCUT Pruning Shears
- Fully heat-treated, forged steel alloy construction bladed designed for the professional gardener.
- The blade and hook of this tool are hand matched for precision.
- Hook is slant-ground with a narrow profile.
- Notch tool closed when not in use to prevent accidents.
- Heat treated tool and cutting blade maintain durability season after season.
- Cut efficiently without having to stop often to clean sap from the blade.
7. Crenova Pruning Shears
- Crenova always think premium durable and comfortable pruners is a must-have for any gardener.
- Blades are very sharp and prevent tree pulp adhesion caused by rust on the blades.
- Handle material is high quality aluminum and wrapped with a grip, very soft and comfortable to use.
- Lock the pruners with a single hand, safe and convenient.
8. Gonicc Professional Pruning Shears
- Sharp and reliable can easily for most of the lightweight pruning work.
- Useful for heavy duty cutting for less than 3/4" diameter size tree branches.
- All of the Gonicc pruning shears adopted high quality materials and strict quality control.
- Handle material is high quality aluminum and wrapped with a layer of PVC.
- Ergonomically designed non-slip handles are strong, lightweight, and comfortable.
9. The Gardener's Friend Pruning Shears
- Three stage ratchet action makes it easy on the hands.
- Soft rubber hand grip absorbs pressure.
- Both left and right hand locks makes it ambidextrous.
- Coated blade slides through wood without tearing.
- Detachable oiled sponge cleans blade.
- Hardened carbon steel blade stays sharp.
- Anvil “channel coating” prevents blade from dulling.
- Lightweight aluminum construction won’t rust.
- Replaceable blade in case of breakage.
10. PrecisionPRO Titanium Pruning Shears
- Small and light weight but tough for everyday use, thanks to its drop forged aluminum body.
- The non-slip ergonomically contoured handles are perfect for small to medium hands and prevents you from constantly adjusting your grip.
- Shock absorbing pads reduce strain on your hand as you cut, allowing this pruner to do all the work for you.
- Cut smaller branches up to 0.8 inches with ease, using the razor sharp blade.
- Wire cutting notch that protect the blade and saves you the hassle of carrying around a separate wire snip, plus a sap groove that prevents sticking and keeps the blade clean after each cut.
- FitAdjust thumb lock, you can choose from the partially or fully open position, making it an all-around pruner from tough branches to quick snips of smaller stems.
- Micrometric adjustment system that allows you to adjust the blade tension for precise, clean cuts.
I hope this list of the best pruning shears was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C