For this post, I have put together a collection of the best snow shovels currently available.
Shovels come in a variety of materials and configurations so you can find the right option for you. Common materials include polyethylene and aluminum blades which are thin and lightweight. Also, ergonomically shaped shafts allow for reduced stress on your lower back.
The following snow shovels use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Snow Shovels.
1. The Snowcaster 36UPH Snow Shovel
The Snowcaster 36UPH Pusher Shovel with 36-Inch Heavy Duty Plastic Blade is light weight, durbale, and easy to use.
- Blade is made with Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene material which is a high wear.
- Impact resistant plastic that also provides a surface finish that helps prevent snow from sticking to the blade during use.
- Bracket and handle are re-enforced at the point of attachment to the fiberglass tube.
- Assembles in less than 10 minutes and has a proven commercial application.
2. True Temper #12 Aluminum Scoop Snow Shovel
Multipurpose Shovel: The True Temper Aluminum Scoop is ideal for transporting large loads of materials like snow, soil, mulch, rocks, gravel, or sand.
- Can use this tool for both gardening and agricultural tasks.
- D-Grip on the handle gives you extra leverage as you scoop, transfer and unload piles of material.
- 26-inch hardwood handle helps provide stability with each reach.
- Aluminum blade is 15-inches wide and 8-inches deep.
3. Suncast SC3250 Snow Shovel
- Poly snow shovel with ergonomic "S" handle to reduce stress.
- Galvanized steel edge.
- 18" W x 12" H blade.
- Poly coated blade.
- Ribbed steel core R shaft,
- D Grip.
Don't forget the ice melter.
4. Garant LPP18VD Yukon Snow Shovel
- Scrape away light quantities of snow easily with this Garant shovel.
- Equipped with a polyethylene blade.
- Includes hardwood handle.
5. Snow Joe SHOVELUTION Snow Shovel
Snow Joe SJ-SHLV01 Shovelution 18-Inch strain-reducing Snow Shovel.
- Strain-reducing solution greatly reduces the effort, strain and potential injury involved in shoveling, using the powerful muscles of your upper body to do the lifting and throwing, and sending lifting leverage to the lower hand – to reduce back strain by up to 30%.
- Spring-loaded, ergonomic shovel grip captures the expended energy from the act of throwing the snow, to quickly return and reset the shovel, ready for the next load.
6. Garant NPW18KD Nordic Snow Shovel
- Equipped with a flat polyethylene blade.
- High-quality hardwood handle that is mold resistant.
- Blade wont damage or chip driveway.
7. JM Enterprises TV206971 Snow Shovel
- Ergonomically designed to push Snow instead of lift snow.
- High wearing, self sharpening blades are non abrasive to surfaces and roll the snow similar to a truck plow.
- UHMW Poly blades.
- Tuffbrace handle Connector.
- Fiberglass handle.
- D Style Comfort Grip.
- Rust-free, bolt together construction.
- Flip over for unique cutting angle to defeat packed snow and chop away ice.
- Available in 18", 24", 30", 36", 48" widths
8. Garant YP139EAKDU Yukon Snow Shovel
Professionals and homeowners alike will be able to comfortably shovel snow with this Garant ergonomic polyethylene snow pusher.
- Ideal for removing light snow from large surfaces.
- Lightweight ergonomic aluminum handle facilitates each movement.
- Equipped with a large ergonomic grip that affords you optimum comfort.
9. True Temper SnoForce Ergonomic Snow Shovel
- 20-inch True Temper combo shovel.
- Great for lifting and throwing snow but can also be used as a pusher.
- Features the patented VersaGrip which accommodates multiple gloved hand positions.
10. Suncast SC1350 Snow Shovel
- Snow shovel/pusher combo.
- Poly blade measures 18" x 12" with galvanized metal wear strip.
- Handle is 1-1/8" diameter.
- Steel core and ribbed grip handle.
- 51" overall length.
I hope this list of the best snow shovels was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C