For this post, I have put together a collection of the best architectural scales currently available.
The following architect rulers use quality materials, typically lightweight aluminum or high strength plastic. Obviously the plastic scales are more affordable but are more prone to chipping and wear compared with the aluminum rulers.
I am sure you will find the best architectural scale below to suit all your measuring needs. Also if you need help reading an architect ruler, I have included a video at the bottom of this post.
So here is my list of The Top 5 Architectural Scales (Architect Ruler).
1. Alvin 98/ARC 12" Black Aluminum Architect Scale Ruler
- Hollow core
- Tapered edges.
- Printed white graduations and color inlaid furrows.
- Supplied in hard plastic case.
2. Alumicolor 3000 Series Aluminum Architectural Scale Ruler
- 12-inch light-weight Silver Architect scale
- Made from quality aluminum with photo anodized markings
- Hollow inside for lighter weight and less cost
- Has standard Architect calibrations
- For professionals and students
3. Fairgate Aluminum Architectural Scale Ruler
Rugged, professional quality scale made from anodized aluminum with a solid core.
Printed black graduations on a non-glare finish and color-coded furrows. Made in USA
4. Staedtler Plastic Architectural Scale Ruler
- Color-coded grooves ensure quick and accurate selection of the desired scale
- Three sides with six different scales feature die-engraved graduations
- Manufactured in Japan
- Three sides with six different scales
5. Alvin Staedtler Plastic Architectural Scale Ruler
- 12" triangular scale
- Sharp easy-to-read graduations resist wear.
How To Read An Architectural Scale (Architect Ruler):
I hope this list has been helpful, if I left out your favorite architectural scale (architect ruler), let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading, see also my posts on:
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C
Have a suggestion for a future blog post? Please let me know in the comments below.