The 10 Best Smart Pens
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best smart pens currently available.
The following pens use the latest innovative tech and components to meet your needs while helping to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Smart Pens.
1. NeoLab Convergence M1 Smart Pen
NeoLAB's M1 smartpen brings the convenience of modern technology to traditional writing.
Seamlessly converts everything you write on paper to a digital format viewable on your devices. You can easily share your drawings and automatically back everything up.
125-day standby battery life, and 6 hours of combined writing time, you can write for 1000 pages before you need to recharge.
Works with cloud and note-taking applications like Evernote, Google Drive, Microsoft One Note, and Adobe Creative Cloud. Connect to devices running iOS 8.1 (or higher), Android 4.4 (or higher), or Windows 10.
Includes the N Moleskin notebook is a classic large ruled notebook, featuring a water-repellent cardboard board cover, expandable inner-pocket, and an elastic closure.
2. Neo smartpen N2 Smart Pen
- Neo smartpen N2, with its exclusive app 'Neo Notes', automatically syncs what you write on paper to Android and iOS smart devices.
- Digitized handwritten notes are easy to save, share, search and organize or can be converted into digital text.
- N2's 11.8mm-thick full aluminum body is ergonomically designed to provide the same grip as a conventional pen and looks sleek.
- Turns on automatically when touching paper (pressure recognition) and stores up to 1,000 pages even when not paired with a smart device to provide a comfortable and natural note taking experience.
- N2 enables you to save and share your notes using either Evernote or Google Drive. Automatically sync content with Evernote, or upload to third party applications like Adobe Creative Suite and Dropbox in various file formats (JPEG, PDF, PNG, SVG...).
3. Livescribe 2GB Echo Smart Pen
Replay your meetings or lectures simply by tapping on your notes.
Record everything you write and hear so you'll never miss a word.
Saves notes and audio recordings to your computer.
Comes with Echo Desktop software for Mac or Windows.
4. Wacom Bamboo Spark Smart Pen
Capture handwritten notes on any paper.
Utilizes Wacom's proprietary EMR technology and an integrated self-inking pen.
Works with any A5 paper.
5. Scanmarker Air Scanner Smart Pen
Accurate and fast multilingual text scanner ideal for students and professionals.
Create summaries faster than ever before; just slide your handheld scanning pen across a line of printed text and watch it appear instantly on the screen.
Use your pen scanner to scan editable text directly into any computer application such as Microsoft Word.
Compatible with Mac & Windows desktop plus Android and iOS mobile devices.
Portable, lightweight and convenient.
Powerful in-built battery rechargeable via USB.
Connects easily to all your devices via Bluetooth
6. Livescribe 3 Smart Pen
Built-in memory on the smartpen captures and stores your notes, allowing you to sync to up to 4 iOS and Android devices.
Connects to your iOS and Android devices via Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) to sync everything you write or draw to the free Live scribe+ app
The quickest, simplest way to bring valuable information from paper onto your tablet and smartphone.
Uses your smartphone or tablet's microphone to record audio that's synchronized to everything you write on paper.
Once your notes are in the Live scribe+ mobile app, you can organize, tag, play back audio and send/share notes to any of the devices you use.
7. Rocketbook Erasable Smart Pen
32 reusable pages that wipe clean with a damp cloth when used with the Pilot FriXion pens.
Quickly save your notes to Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, OneNote, Slack, iCloud and/or email.
Works with any pen, marker or highlighter from the Pilot Frixion line (one pen is included).
8. Wacom Bamboo Folio Smart Pen
Then your ideas into digital, shareable files while you write. When you're ready to turn the page, just touch a button and Bamboo Folio saves your ideas
Use the free, next generation Wacom Inkspace app to convert your handwritten notes to text, edit your digitized notes and export them into JPG, PNG, PDF, SVG, or WILL files
Register for the free Inkspace cloud service to convert your handwritten notes to text, intuitively tag your ideas on paper, or export them as DOC format.
Sync your ideas with the cloud and forward them to services including Dropbox, Evernote and OneNote
9. Equil 2 Smart Pen
Use your favorite notebook or ink color special paper not required and pen uses standard ink.
- Equil Smartpen 2 captures handwritten notes, sketches and diagrams and transfers them to your Android, iOS, Mac and Windows devices and the cloud for editing, enhancing and sharing.
- Store notes on the receiver’s memory (4 GB) and import when convenient.
- Download Equil’s free apps to your smartphone, tablet or computer for real-time capture, editing and sharing.
10. Moleskine PTSETA Smart Pen
Set includes paper tablet with special paper designed to work with Pen+ in dotted layout.
Code technology allows the Pen+ to recognize where it is in the tablet and capture each pen stroke.
Companion app smoothly transfers your freehand notes from page to screen in real time, allowing you digitize, edit and organize.
Send your notes as PDF, image, vector or text file format in one touch, capture real-time audio and pair with handwritten notes.
I hope this list of the best smart pens was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C