The 10 Best Angle Grinders
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best angle grinders currently available.
The following angle grinders use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Angle Grinders.
1. DEWALT DWE402 4.5" Angle Grinder
The DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2" 11-amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder features the next generation 11 Amp AC/DC 11,000 rpm motor.
- Dust Ejection System provides durability by ejecting damaging dust and debris particles that enter the tool.
- One-Touch guard that allows for 360 degree rotation of the guard with a single action.
- Quick-Change wheel release allows tool free wheel removal without need for a wrench.
- Top mounted and protected spindle lock button that maximizes the depth of cut without compromising durability.
- Uniquely small gripping surface in this power class allows for the best comfort available in this class.
- Auto-off brushes shut the tool down when the brushes need replacing to avoid tool damage and a paddle switch with safety lock-off prevents accidental start up.
- Matching wheel flanges allow the use of common accessories.
2. Makita 9557PBX1 4.5" Angle Grinder
Makita 9557PBX1 4.5" Angle Grinder with a powerful 7.5 amp motor delivers 11,000 rpm for high output power.
- Small diameter barrel grip (only 2-1/2") for added comfort.
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life.
- Extra large paddle switch for comfortable operation.
- Thicker coil wires are wound more closely to reduce heat and energy loss.
- All-ball bearing design and metal gear housing for durability.
- Rotatable gear housing can be positioned every 90 degrees.
3. Bosch 1375A 4.5" Angle Grinder
The Bosch 1375A 4-1/2 In. Angle Grinder features a powerful 6.0-amp motor that produces 11,000 no-load rpm, making this compact grinder a powerhouse tool.
- Designed for concrete contractors, vehicle fabricators and other professionals who need a compact grinder.
- Well-designed grip, lock-on slide switch, two-position side handle and 11,000 no-load rpm.
- Well suited for metal fabrication, concrete restoration, pipe fitting and more.
- Service Minder brushes that stops the grinder when preventative maintenance is required and epoxy-coated field windings, for longer tool life.
- Lock-on slide switch, two-position side handle and 3.75 Lbs. weight add to user comfort and control.
Don't forget the grinding wheel.
4. Hitachi G12SR4 4.5" Angle Grinder
Hitachi 4-1/2-in corded angle grinder is ideal for tough grinding jobs.
- 6.2-amp motor delivers 10,000-RPM and more overload durability for increased life and reliability.
- Wheel guard increases safety while you work.
- Sliding switch provides easy operation.
- Removable, forward-canted side handle for improved control and comfort for right- and left-handed users.
- Smaller grip is designed to reduce fatigue.
5. BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 4.5" Angle Grinder
The Black & Decker BDEG400 4-1/2" 6 Amp Angle Grinder is ideal for sharpening, cutting, grinding, removing rust and surface preparation.
- Features a metal gear case for durability and longer life.
- 3-position side handle that provides added comfort and control for use with various materials and angles.
- Spindle lock for easy accessory changes.
- Operates at 10,000 rpm, with a spindle size range of 5/8" - 11 ".
6. DEWALT DCG413B 4.5" Cordless Angle Grinder
DEWALT DCG413B Angle Grinder Features E-Switch Protection™. When the ON/OFF trigger switch has a no-volt release function.
- Brushless motor requires no brush changes.
- Brake stops wheel in two seconds or less on average
- Kickback Brake engages when a pinch, stall, or bind-up event is sensed and the electronic brake engages with maximum force to quickly stop the wheel, reduce the movement of the grinder and shut the grinder off.
- Two stage trigger requires two actions to activate tool.
7. PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG 4.5" Angle Grinder
PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG 7 amp motor delivers 11,000 RPM for high speed material removal.
- Cast metal gear case increases durability and tool longevity.
- 3-position side handle allows greater control.
- Tool-free guard for fast and easy adjustments.
- Non-locking paddle switch for additional control and safety.
- Spindle lock feature allows for single wrench bit changes.
8. VonHaus 20V MAX Cordless 4.5" Angle Grinder
Whether it's removing excess material or rust, smoothing surfaces, cutting through metal piping or simply grinding, the VonHaus Angle Grinder is suited to all.
- 4-1/2 inch disc attached and a powerful yet easily controlled 6A motor for even the most confined and detailed of jobs.
- Adjustable side handle, which can be attached on either side of the main, central handle to ensure greater control when undertaking particularly intricate jobs.
- Boasting a hard-casing and a variable safety guard.
9. Tacklife AGK31AC 4.5" Angle Grinder
Tacklife AGK31AC Powerful Angle Grinder - Easier and Convenient Your Grinding Jobs
- 750W of max output power for tough grinding jobs.
- Good size 6.5Ft power cord gives you plenty of room to work.
- Heavy duty metal gear case for durability and longer life.
- Epoxy-coated field windings provides protection against abrasive dust.
- Two-position side handle for maximum operator comfort.
10. Makita XAG04T 18V 4.5" Cordless Angle Grinder
Makita XAG04T 18V LXT Brushless 4-1/2" / 5" Cut-Off/Angle Grinder Kit.
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job.
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience.
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level.
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life.
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy.
- Weighs only 5.6 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue.
I hope this list of the best angle grinders was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Brandon Hubbard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C